Options

new here . . .

PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited November 4, 2004 in Wildlife
Hi all,

I am new to Smugmug and Digital Grin. So far I really like what I see. I have done a lot of photography as a hobby, including darkroom work (B+W, color). Then about 4 years ago my wife bought me a small Kodak Digital camera (DC3400 2mp). I have taken just over 7,000 pics with it. Along with my Pentax PZ-1 film camera I'm having lots of fun. Thinking of moving up to a larger digital however to take over my film SLR. May be trying out the Canon Digital Rebel 300.

I take a lot of nature pictures, when I go wilderness camping, or on road trips. Just came back from a trip along the Oregon Coast and California Coast. Here is a pic from my Kodak Digital.

10876742-L.jpg

Take care everyone . . .

Peter

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    welcome, peter wave.gif

happy to have you aboard, and thanks for sharing the lovely beach scene clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2004
    Thanks Andy . . . checked out your website . . . very nice images. I have thought of selling some of my images as well. Just leary of where to go. Have been looking around and just recently found Smugmug. I have signed up for the Power User for now but may go to the Pro User level. Currently I do have my own website where I show some of my images to family and friends. Looking at moving all my images for web display to Smugmug. I like the security measure options and such.

Will go back and check out more of your images . . . .

:-) Peter
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    Hi Peter wave.gif Welcome to the forum! I am a great wilderness woman as well and love to take along my Digital Rebal. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing your nature shots.

Lynn 1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2004
    Hi Lynn . . . nice to meet you as well . . . and will certainly check out your photos . .

Many of the wilderness pictures I take are in the interior of British Columbia, where I live.

Here is one of me taking in an evening on a remote beach:
    10878795-L.jpg
    I have more of these images (small versions) on a webpage http://listrite.com/breakaway/HTM/indeximage.html I created for helping people who have quit smoking. The nature scenes help many to relax in stressful moments . . . but of course nothing beats being there in the flesh.

Take care,
    Peter
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    Peter wrote:
    Hi Lynn . . . nice to meet you as well . . . and will certainly check out your photos . .

Many of the wilderness pictures I take are in the interior of British Columbia, where I live.

Here is one of me taking in an evening on a remote beach:
    I have more of these images (small versions) on a webpage http://listrite.com/breakaway/HTM/indeximage.html I created for helping people who have quit smoking. The nature scenes help many to relax in stressful moments . . . but of course nothing beats being there in the flesh.

Take care,

Peter
    Thanks for sharing Peter... you pictures are so beautiful I looked at them all..mine pale in comparison but I'll keep on trying :D Great to have you in house. clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks for sharing Peter... you pictures are so beautiful I looked at them all..mine pale in comparison but I'll keep on trying :D Great to have you in house. clap.gifclap.gif
    Well Lynn . . . the pictures of yours I'm looking at are great! . . . love the colors and moods captured . . . very nice . . . going to look at them more when I get home from work :-)

Peter