Got a nikkor 1.8 lens, and boy do I like it

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited June 5, 2006 in People
73418699-L.jpg

I took this one yesterday of a little boy shopping. I love it...(the lens I mean...) It gives a magical light, and it is great to be able to crank it open wide!
It is a 85mm, fixed focal length, and I am very surprised at the quality of the photographs. This is the first time that I use a really good lens, and the difference is noticable I find.
Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome of course!

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Hey PC...that is a great photo. How much did that lens set you back...I' mean that in jest obviously...

I think I'm might get one too.

Let me know if you can.
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    Hey PC...that is a great photo. How much did that lens set you back...I' mean that in jest obviously...

I think I'm might get one too.

Let me know if you can.

It's about $300 if I remember correctly. I agree big time with the sentiments on this lens. I can't bring myself to use my kit lenses anymore, even when the situation calls for a different focal length.
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    It's about $300 if I remember correctly. I agree big time with the sentiments on this lens. I can't bring myself to use my kit lenses anymore, even when the situation calls for a different focal length.

I have exactly the same feeling, that it is almost a shame to take it off to put on another lens...
    With an 85 though, you loose a lot of foreground, it is almost impossible to get nice city shots (if you want to get a whole building in it, it is hard work or go really looooooonnnng)
    But I got it mainly for indoors and portraits, so I am fine!
    It costed us 329 dollars, it is the most expensive lens I ever got. But I see the difference!
    I am so happy with the results, if you have kids in front of it, it is really like magic fairy dust when you look at the downloads on the computer! Christmas every day now!
    (Can you tell I like the lens???)