Michelle

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited June 6, 2006 in People
This is my daughter Michelle, you have seen her in the thread called "Girl reading", however her real passion in not reading but belly-dancing. She has been doing it for quite a few years now and is getting quite good at it. Here she is performing a very difficult Sword dance. Please note this is during live performance - there is no posing. It is just a captured moment. My apologies for the shadow on her face - no flash allowed and the lighting was... lousy:

misia-bellydancer-sword-IMG_2173.jpg

Now, there is no belly-dancing event without a charismatic drummer:
drumer-IMG_2214.jpg

Comments welcome and invited.

Comments

• SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Considering the circumstance, the first is an excellent capture. That fact that she is looking into the camera makes the photo quite engaging.

You may try an unsharp mask to reduce the bluriness in her face. I'd also like to see a crop from the top as the curtain behind her does not add to the photo.

The second photo is also excellent as it captures the essence of the movement.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    Considering the circumstance, the first is an excellent capture. That fact that she is looking into the camera makes the photo quite engaging.

You may try an unsharp mask to reduce the bluriness in her face. I'd also like to see a crop from the top as the curtain behind her does not add to the photo.

15524779-Ti.gif
    I don't think USM will fix everything, but it'll help.
    until you mentioned the shadow, I hadn't noticed it - so it can't be *that* bad.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 6, 2006
    ted-

pretty neat pics, especially considering the conditions you shot in-

how did your daughter get into belly dancing?-

I understand if you're able to do something like that, you get into pretty good shape-

george
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    George,

we befriended a women who proved to be a belly dance teacher. Six years later she still is good friend and even better teacher.

I am not sure about getting a good shape - most belly dancers are not in what you would consider a good shape. Apparently and I am only quoting here: belly dancing is all about celebrating being a woman. I think there is more to it mwink.gif
    gefillmore wrote:
    ted-

pretty neat pics, especially considering the conditions you shot in-

how did your daughter get into belly dancing?-

I understand if you're able to do something like that, you get into pretty good shape-

george