Laura II

GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited June 7, 2006 in People
What do you think? Too much sun?
Giselle

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Photographically perhaps yes, metaphorically no - I wish my wife had so much sun in her smile when she comes back home tired from work.
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Unfortunately, yes, the sun blows it out a bit. In the past I've had good results by dropping down the EV to -0.3 or -0.6 when shooting in such hard sunlight. That way the skin won't get so blown out and you can bring up the brightness in PP.

Also, if you were to shoot later on in the day the sun is more subtle and gives warm tones. Perfect for portraits:

152604661_458cd6a16d_m.jpg
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    Also, if you were to shoot later on in the day the sun is more subtle and gives warm tones. Perfect for portraits:
    I usually do but wanted to mix it up a bit, but I guess I should stick with tried and true.
    Giselle
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Photographically perhaps yes, metaphorically no - I wish my wife had so much sun in her smile when she comes back home tired from work.

She does have a nice smile, but Im sure when she gets older and has to go to work everyday she will be tired too.
    Giselle
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    I usually do but wanted to mix it up a bit, but I guess I should stick with tried and true.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd also try getting some close-ups in the shade; You can get some great glow from below if the subject is close enough to the ground.

To note: I shoot with flash only when absolutely necessary. Ambient light is the way to go! clap.gif
  • tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    the Shadow is distracting looks like sun was over head. I like the comp but am drawn to the shadow.
    thank you
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.