Nikon D100 Trouble

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited June 10, 2006 in Cameras
Hope someone can help in this area. If I'm on the wrong room, please someone just tell me...

Here is my problem.

Yesterday I was shooting with my Nikon D100, shooting a boys baseball game. The color of the jersey's were Purple - well when I downloaded my pictures, the jersey's were BLUE. Oh my gosh...what the heck happened. :dunno ? :scratch

Yesterday was sunny - and I thought that maybe the reflextion from the sun on the grass to the jersey's had some impact on them looking blue...has anyone had this problem? If so, how do you correct it. :uhoh :huh

I hope someone out there has an answer.

Comments

• HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Was your white balance set correctly?
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • Artur C.Artur C. Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Could be...
    It could be a number of things, and if this is happening on a regular basis you will have to take steps to isolate the problem. The first thing to check is the camera's white balance, perhaps it's set to a mode other then auto, or was set to a different lighting condition. Depending on whether you were shooting JPEG or RAW, it can be corrected using your raw converter. Also, the offender may be the computer. Is your monitor calibrated and profiled? If it is, is the camera and workspace set to the same color space? If they are, perhaps the colors are simply out of gamut for either the camera, the color space, or the monitor. Another thing to think about is the in camer setting for JPEG encoding. If your saturation is set too high, perhaps it's displaying a rich purple that looks like blue. If you were shooting RAW, does your converter do any auto contrast enhancement, if it uses a curve type command the colors as well as the luminosity can be affected. Are you using a filter on your lens, believe it or not, some UV filters have a color cast that presents itself in diffrerent situations. Take your filter and lay it against a white piece of paper. You might be surprised. Last but not least, could it be your eyes fooling you? With extreme lighting it can happen.

I know this may seem like a lot, but it's quite easy to simply overlook a simple step. I'm talking from experience. I use Adobe Camera Raw, my converter was set to auto contrast and it simply used a curves command which also affects color. Once the culprit was isoloated, problem solved.

-Art

http://www.north-scapes.com
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Wow great information Arthur! I'm printing your response and will check those factors.

Thanks again!thumb.gif
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    I can tell you that my D100 (when I had it) also had problems with the color purple. From what I read, it has something to do with the color space. You may also want to read THIS THREAD. There is some really good information there...