Henna

SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited June 5, 2006 in People
My girlfriend is a henna artist. In fact, she's quite good, as you can see her work below. On top of C&C on the photo, she requested that I ask for comments about the henna.

Thanks from the both of us in advance!

EXIF

Click for larger version:
159038666_84a01a0b0c.jpg

Post Processing: reduced redness with selective color.

Comments

• GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    I like the composition. Her hand looks too red to me or is that from the henna. I don't know anything about henna but it looks cool to me.
    Giselle
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    I like the colors in the shot, esp. the blue sky and the red hand. It feels unbalanced. Maybe too much sky, in relation to the hand. Looks better with less sky, IMHO. Pity, because then you lose the blue/red thing. Reshoot!

I think the henna artwork looks beautiful, very graceful. Is it permanent?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    I had taken out a lot of the red from her hand -- She's a redhead so her skin is naturally very pink.

Henna is a temporary body art from the Middle East/South Asia (think India, Pakistan, Yemen). It's made from the Henna plant and can last for months depending on how it's cared for. Usually, however, it lasts for about 2 weeks.
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    I had taken out a lot of the red from her hand -- She's a redhead so her skin is naturally very pink.

Henna is a temporary body art from the Middle East/South Asia (think India, Pakistan, Yemen). It's made from the Henna plant and can last for months depending on how it's cared for. Usually, however, it lasts for about 2 weeks.
    I heard that the brides don't do any house work until it fades away...bring on the henna!
    Giselle
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    I love the art-work. I'm not an expert at anything, but this is some beautiful, very graceful, looking work. I don't think it would work on my hand, but on her's it's very nice.

The picture, I think could stand just a little cropping. As was mentioned above (by wxwax), there is too much blue sky. Just scrolling my browser down a bit helped to balance it. I found, for me, the best place to crop is just above the OOF flowers on the left. Oh, forgot to mention that the light is just delicious!