Ch 66 Rejects: Patches? I got Patches

Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited June 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Got plenty of patches. The hard part was coming up with a way that would make them "interesting". Don't think I've come close to succeeding.

Narrow dof. :scratch

73808969-L.jpg

Nope. Then I tried engaging warp drive. :wink

73808970-L.jpg

Nope. Then I tried putting eye-liner and lipstick on a pig. :huh

73809566-L.jpg

Nope. Oh well, I have a one or two things I can try this weekend if I have time. Or, I might just enter one of these to scare the judges. :D

Thanks for taking a peek at my rejects. Hopefully I can come up with something else.
:clap
My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    I was actually thinking of patchwork quilts too... plan to take some pix this weekend when I can get to the quilts at my mom's... and like you my concern is figuring out a way to make them look interesting.. :)

Good luck.. I think we will both need it! :)

Denise
    Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    deeya wrote:
    a way to make them look interesting.. :)

wrap that quilt around a beautiful woman...

it's even better than a baby/puppy shot
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    LeDude wrote:

haha, great answer.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    great idea! Laughing.gif
    But if you don't find the woman - I do like #1, I like the slight blur - # 2 is a bit too much IMO.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    I like the last one, but I am looking forward to seeing more.....I love patchwork quilts clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    deeya wrote:
    I was actually thinking of patchwork quilts too... plan to take some pix this weekend when I can get to the quilts at my mom's... and like you my concern is figuring out a way to make them look interesting.. :)

Denise

So was I but couldn't think where I'd get hold of one! Great minds and all that....
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Cool quilt shots.

I shot a patchwork quilt shot yesterday - with an Amish buggy passing by in the backround.

But my main pc died yesterday night - haven'y had the chance to do post processing yet. It's still on the card.

I thnk my pc is possessed with some kind of 0606060 june 6th demon. Actually Dell is overnighting me a new HD. Glad I did a back up last week.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    I'll have to see what I can "Patch Together"
    :):
    deeya wrote:
    Denise

deeya: Have a few more ideas to work with the patchwork quilts if I don't have the opportunity to head out on the plains this weekend to try something else. Good luck with yours.

LeDude wrote:

LeDude: I had no idea that there was anything better than a baby/puppy shot. Learn something everyday. rolleyes1.gif

twinbnj wrote:
    But if you don't find the woman - I do like #1, I like the slight blur - # 2 is a bit too much IMO.

twinbnj: I might have to fall back with #1 if nothing else comes together. And yes, #2 is a bit "out there" for the subject matter. Thanks.

I like the last one, but I am looking forward to seeing more.....I love patchwork quilts

sayntbrigid: Might re-work the last one or go with a tighter croppie. Had a bunch more shots but I didn't want to crazy and post everything, but I might to it for you. Thanks!!!
    vangogh wrote:
    So was I but couldn't think where I'd get hold of one! Great minds and all that....

vangogh: Give me your address and I'll overnight ship you a couple. Have plenty. :D
    Cool quilt shots.
    I shot a patchwork quilt shot yesterday - with an Amish buggy passing by in the backround.
    But my main pc died yesterday night - haven'y had the chance to do post processing yet. It's still on the card.
    I thnk my pc is possessed with some kind of 0606060 june 6th demon. Actually Dell is overnighting me a new HD. Glad I did a back up last week.

wholenewlight: No fair. We don't have any Amish buggy's here in the Denver burbs. Love your part of the country. Would love to see that shot if you get your computer thing resolved. That really suxs. At least you did a backup. I finally got smart years ago after my 3rd or 4th computer fried to do regular backups.
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange