Customer said prints look cheap!

dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited June 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I had a customer call me yesterday to say the prints that I ordered from Smugmug looked cheap - like walgreens printing- Has anyone had a customer complain about the quality of smugmug photographs?:dunno
I was shocked, I had placed an order before offering the galleries and I thought the photographs looked fine - I'm confused!!

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    prints
    dboras wrote:
    I had a customer call me yesterday to say the prints that I ordered from Smugmug looked cheap - like walgreens printing- Has anyone had a customer complain about the quality of smugmug photographs?ne_nau.gif
    I was shocked, I had placed an order before offering the galleries and I thought the photographs looked fine - I'm confused!!

Well, I've personally ordered prints a couple different times from smugmug too and they were fine. I've also had plenty of customers order them and only one person complained-- because she accidentally cropped 'em when she didn't really mean to.

I believe EZ Prints uses a Fuji Frontier and Fuji archival paper-- this is the same set-up as my local pro-labs.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    I had a customer call me yesterday to say the prints that I ordered from Smugmug looked cheap - like walgreens printing- Has anyone had a customer complain about the quality of smugmug photographs?ne_nau.gif

Hi dboras, ouch - I'm sorry to hear this. I can investigate, can you please give me the order number? I'll be on it straight away.

You and your customer are fully covered by the SmugMug Guarantee:
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg
  • dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    order number
    Andy wrote:
    Hi dboras, ouch - I'm sorry to hear this. I can investigate, can you please give me the order number? I'll be on it straight away.

You and your customer are fully covered by the SmugMug Guarantee:
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg

order number 130611 order placed on 6-1-2006, I am just wondering if she is just a hard to please customer, like I said I ordered some and they were fine
    thanks for looking into it andy
    edited June 6, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    order number 130611 order placed on 6-1-2006, I am just wondering if she is just a hard to please customer, like I said I ordered some and they were fine
    thanks for looking into it andy
    They are all printed matte, which IMO is the lesser of our three finishes. Some folks like it, but Lustre is just Soooooooo much better.

The color files look great. The BWs lack pop, and are IMO underexposed.

Can you please ask your customer specifically what they are unhappy with? The color shots, the BWs, or the finish? Or all of it? If they are unhappy with the BWs, I can help you improve those. If they are unhappy with the finish, we'll reprint the entire order, on the house, in Lustre.

I'll wait to hear from you :D
  • dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    They are all printed matte, which IMO is the lesser of our three finishes. Some folks like it, but Lustre is just Soooooooo much better.

The color files look great. The BWs lack pop, and are IMO underexposed.

Can you please ask your customer specifically what they are unhappy with? The color shots, the BWs, or the finish? Or all of it? If they are unhappy with the BWs, I can help you improve those. If they are unhappy with the finish, we'll reprint the entire order, on the house, in Lustre.

I'll wait to hear from you :D

Andy,
    She said the quality of the paper-not anything to do with the color or the finish or bw- I just joined smugmug in May and I have had 3 people that have ordered prints from sm and I have asked the other two brides about their order and they said everything was fine and they looked great- I think that I may just have a problem person on my hands, -
    BTW I will be in your area on vacation in a couple of days
    cant wait to go-have never been east coast-
    thanks andy
    edited June 7, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    Andy,
    She said the quality of the paper-not anything to do with the color or the finish or bw- I just joined smugmug in May and I have had 3 people that have ordered prints from sm and I have asked the other two brides about their order and they said everything was fine and they looked great- I think that I may just have a problem person on my hands, -
    BTW I will be in your area on vacation in a couple of days
    cant wait to go-have never been east coast-
    thanks andy

Hi,
    Well - if your customer wishes, we'll redo them on Lustre paper - just say the word!

Have a great time in NY!
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    You simply have a problem customer. Honestly, with digital, the difference between labs is minimal, so if she has a Walgreens where the guy running the photo dept is really intense and keeps everything nicely calibrated, I don't doubt the quality of the printing would be similar.