What would make this better

deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited June 7, 2006 in People
A friend asked me to come over and take pix of her kids and their cousins who were all in town at one time for a change.. She knows I'm a real amateur and just starting to figure all this stuff out... My only equipment is my D70s, 18-70mm zoom and 70-300mm zoom. I know I need to get a reflector if I am going to being doing much of this...

Basically I like this picture.. but I know it could be better.... something about the arms bothers me I think.. but maybe it's something else I just can't put my finger on...

EXIF: Manual shot with D70s, 18mm f6.3 1/250, ISO 400..

TIA

Denise
Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    I first had to check and make sure I hadn't wandered into the Whipping Post. Since you didn't post this shot there, I guess I can safely say "I like it alot!" It may not be technically perfect, but I think you did a great job. I like the off-centered crop. I don't know how one would get this shot centered if they tried short of being suspended directly over the subject. Looks like everyone was having a lot of fun and I bet this will give your friend lots of laughs and pleasure. thumb.gif
  • blessedmama21blessedmama21 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    great shot!
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    I like it....I would prefer all of them to have their eyes open though...but what do i know.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Very cute!

I agree, all eyes open might make it better.

Another thing, a thing that would be hard to pull off, is to put your camera precisely at the center of the circle, looking down. Then their faces would all be square to the camera and look the same.

Love their enthusiasm!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au