Options

How to download galleries w/ smugDAV for Mac?

peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
Im at a loss here. Someone said (BWG, I think) that we could use the smugDAV hack to download entire galleries from our SM accounts. I fired up this bad boy & saw all my gallery names/folders, but nothing was inside them but some weird file that looks like a terminal file. No photos.

Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Dont everyone jump in at once. One at a time please! :D
  • Options
    blobblob Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Im at a loss here. Someone said (BWG, I think) that we could use the smugDAV hack to download entire galleries from our SM accounts. I fired up this bad boy & saw all my gallery names/folders, but nothing was inside them but some weird file that looks like a terminal file. No photos.

Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

This appears to be a misconfigured server. (Geek talk follows in case their techie is reading this.)

They appear to be using apache as their base for this stuff. Using tcpflow from the terminal, they are responding to a standard PROPFIND with a depth of 1 in an incorrect way. The response is a single entity with the name "_" and no size or other information, hence you see a single empty file named "_".

I thought they might be mis-handling the request for appledouble information, but I tried the same thing from a terminal window (bash doesn't ask for appledouble information in that case) and I get the same bogus single entity response.

This also fails when using the application Goliath which is not from Apple, works as a very simple webdav client, and should be completely compatible with any standard WebDAV server.

From all the above, I suspect server configuration, rather than a Mac OS X bug.

I work at Apple, and I know the fellow who wrote much of Apple's WebDAV code. If smugmug needs a technical contact, please let me know.