Options

Hey Yo----Wedding Photographers!!

Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited June 8, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello, calling all you wedding photographers! I am sending out this message in behalf of another SmugMug admirer. :lust It might be a great way to gain some more exposure to your great wedding shots....
My Co-author Jason and I are authors living in New York City. Our latest book is a fun and funny book of brides, grooms, cakes, and basically anything funny about weddings. The book will publish next summer from Warner books and is designed to be a cute, and stress relieving shower gift for brides, which is NOT mean spirited but rather, offers us all a laugh at the crazy things we all get up to as we walk down that fateful aisle.

We are looking for funny, unique, interesting or even downright scary personal wedding snapshots to be included in the book, and we would love to use your photo .

We can't offer compensation, but we are happy to credit photographers and their websites or smugmug pages, however they would like, and we are providing a free copy of the book when it pubs. :clap The individuals in the pictures will not be identified in the book, although we will need their consent as well consent of the photographer.

Please submit your photos to me directly by email by sending links to your photo or photos you want to submit: Luvdanny@aol.com

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you. We hope you are interested in having one or more photos featured in our book! If you would like to check out our previous books, you can search on amazon for Beverly West or Jason Bergund to see a list of our past and current projects.

Best,
Bev and Jason
Kitchen Table Productions

PS---Bev has already sent me an email and asked how to locate 20+ wedding photographers. I HIGHLY recommend if you are wanting to be contacted by anyone to put your contact info in your Bio or somewhere where people can find you. :thumb

PSS---SmugMug is not being paid financially for this, any gain will be simply more exposure of your name and exposure of our wonderful customers!

Thanks,
Markham

Comments

• Options
    LizaLiza Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    They contacted people on Flickr, too. The general consensus was that this was a way for them to make a buck w/o compensating the photographers. Most couples aren't going to buy a book like this when planning a wedding, so the plug for the photographer is useless.

I'm just going to stick to marketing in my own area, as I feel that makes a lot more sense. Just my 2 cents.
    Canon 20D | Canon 10D | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 100mm f/2 | 100mm f/2.8 macro| 200 f/2.8L | 70-200 f/4L | 75-300 USM II | Tamron 28-75 | Sigma 100-300 | 580EX | Tamron 1.4x T-con | Various and sundry p&s and film cameras
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Liza wrote:
    ... a way for them to make a buck w/o compensating the photographers. ...
    So right Liza. Those publishing books on dog breeds or pet-care are the same, they say "exposure" in their book is sufficient compensation to a photographer, with the attitude that they are providing such a great favour. Let them get out there and take their own shots of people being embarrassed or distressed.
  • Options
    Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Liza wrote:
    They contacted people on Flickr, too. The general consensus was that this was a way for them to make a buck w/o compensating the photographers. Most couples aren't going to buy a book like this when planning a wedding, so the plug for the photographer is useless.

I'm just going to stick to marketing in my own area, as I feel that makes a lot more sense. Just my 2 cents.

Don't shoot the messenger, :): it is just another idea. The photos that she has requested come from people that aren't typically looking to sell their photos anyway.

Markham
  • Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    I personally would never take that seriously from someone who had an AOL email address. Cmon people i pay like $3 a month for 500+ email accounts on my own custom domains. umph.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    I have shots of a Bride having her Limo repo'ed with her in it in front of the reception hall (on film somewhere), but they are to priceless to A. Find and B. give away for free, cha good luck. On another interesting note about books...
    I was photographing a family at a Bat Mitzvah earlier this year, and while setting up a large group pose the mother quipped "What is this going to be in Bar Mitzvah Disco". I was suprised she had heard of the quirky coffee table book about over the top 70's and 80's affairs. When I said "Oh, you've seen it" she said pointing to her family "We're page 21" I almost fell down.