treescape - patch erruption

thomaswethomaswe Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited June 10, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
74041950-L.jpg

first challenge - Haven't a clue how this will hold up, but what started as a simple shot of a "patch" the maple tree has been working on ever since I sawed off a branch several years ago, took on a whole different look when I flipped it 90 degrees.

Having already "entered" it I see now one can still edit or change it. Any input would be great (just dpn't ask me if I "see noise" - how does one "see" noise?).

Comments

• LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    thomaswe wrote:
    (just dpn't ask me if I "see noise" - how does one "see" noise?).

problem is, I don't see "patch"... ear.gif
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • thomaswethomaswe Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    problem is, I don't see "patch"... ear.gif

Hmmmm..... Do you see it if you turn the image 90 degrees (clockwise) or is it still too abstract?
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    nice shot, and i can see patches..:):
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Hmmmm..... Do you see it if you turn the image 90 degrees (clockwise) or is it still too abstract?
    retro wrote:
    nice shot, and i can see patches..:):

Must be me just not getting it... don't sweat it, I'm dim sometimes like that.
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • thomaswethomaswe Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    Must be me just not getting it... don't sweat it, I'm dim sometimes like that.

...but one out of two not seeing the patch does not make for a good entry. What I am wondering is whether it's the subject or the shot? Does the tree's "patch" where the branch was removed not constitute a patch or is it that the patch is lost in the way the photo is taken? Here are a couple less abstract shots of same subject. Better?

74219209-M.jpg

74219342-M.jpg
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Ok, I see now...no, the photos are nice and clear.......what you mean as a patch is not.........thats why you see a patch.......another sees patches and another sees no patch at all. I think you would have to name this photo "A Patch of Wood Surrounded by Bark" for everybody to see the same patch you are seeing.........I could be all wrong and washed up....but thats what I am seeing through my eyes .......hope it helps.:D
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    .....another thing that might help too, is if there was more color difference between the color of the wood and the color of the bark.......as it is the colors all kind of blend into one mass with no obvious sense of "patches" if you get my drift :D
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii