Options

Strange Rainbow

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited November 6, 2004 in Wildlife
Not a particularly great shot, but the rainbow itself it the weird part. It was just there, on a perfectly sunny and clear morning. No rain clouds to be seen, anywhere. I just pulled over and snapped it.

10913075-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    nice shot
    i saw the same thing in Calif a clear morning after the rain the day before but no camera ne_nau.gif nice shot
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    Might not be a great shot without the rainbow, but I like what it does for the scene. Good catch and thanks for sharing.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    I didn't even get out of the car, I just wanted to get it, considering there was no reason for it. I wasn't really trying to compose a great shot or anything. Just surprised to see a rainbow on a clear day. (I shot in full auto mode.) :)
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    I didn't even get out of the car, I just wanted to get it, considering there was no reason for it. I wasn't really trying to compose a great shot or anything. Just surprised to see a rainbow on a clear day. (I shot in full auto mode.) :)
    Neat. Actually the exposure is spot on and the colors are very rich looking. Everthing is still green down south.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    Did I overdo it? I steepened the L curve in the area of the rainbow and sky and simple linear steepening of the A+B curves.

10939842-L.jpg
    If not now, when?