Photoshop Version 11 Preview

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
edited June 19, 2006 in Finishing School
Through sources I cannot reveal, I have obtained a partial set of Adobe's plans for Photoshop Version 11 and thought you might be interested.
  • [FONT=&quot]Unshake mask filter: reduces blur from camera motion, simulating the effect of the tripod you should have used in the first place.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Cliché detector: when toggled on, pops up a warning when subject has been run into the ground by other photographers. Optionally, you may exclude the Golden Gate Bridge, Eiffel Tower and certain other landmarks in the Preferences control panel.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Age healing brush: eliminates wrinkles and firms sagging flesh. Parameters include radius and number of years to undo.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Thinning wand: each click reduces weight of selected person five pounds. Holding the Shift key while clicking reduces weight 50 pounds.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Food on Face filter: removes jam and other foods from the faces of young children. Checking the reverse box will put it there if it wasn’t originally, thus giving you complete artistic control.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Evil-eye remover: eliminates hostile expressions from unwilling or uncooperative subjects.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I understand that there is still time to incorporate other features into this exciting new release, so please post your suggestions into this thread.

Cheers,
[/FONT]

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    lol3.gif

I heard they were playing with an "Auto Rule of Thirds" filter.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited June 8, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Dont forget the all important overcooked ham effect for those sunset pictures that just seem to need to pop in technicolor.

They also will have a 3 megapixel P/S 640x480 resolution picture with the ability to transform into a 44 megapixel 8x10 large format that can be blown up to 80x100 feet with no quality loss.

Other rumored improvements are the 128 bits/channel effect for those cameras that need 20 different spectrums of quantum light especially at ISO 12800 (and have no visible noise effects)
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    easy_button.gif

Just hit the button and out pops a masterpiece

lol3.gif

Fred
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 9, 2006
    USAIR wrote:
    easy_button.gif

lol3.gif

Fred
    I wouldn't count on this one, Fred. It would put a whole army of PS writers and trainers out of work. And there's no upgrade path after that. :D
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    I don't know who your source is but you left out the most important addition -- the RAW Extreme Interpolation filter.

From what the beta-testers have been saying, this is going to make telephoto lenses obsolete. One tester used his 18-55 kit lens and snapped a picture of a soaring eagle about 20 yards away. Even though the Eagle was barely noticable in the RAW file, using this filter, he was able to tightly crop the bird with amazing detail to produce a breath-taking 8x10 picture.

Another beta-tester claims to have taken a picture of the moon with his 10-22 wide-angle lens and, after using the filter multiple times, he noticed a peculiar redish-blue spot artifact. It later turned out that it was the American flag which was placed there about 37 years ago.

Adobe ROCKS!
    I can't wait for the upgrade!

Nikos
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Wow! an age healing brush AND a thinning wand! :bigbs

rolleyes1.gifI might actually get back in FRONT of the camera again (not).

Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 18, 2006
    richard-

don't forget about the best improvement of all-

the cambler brush-

removes clothing-

george
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 18, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    the cambler brush-

removes clothing-

george
    That will sell millions of new copies. You have a great future in marketing. mwink.gif
  • XtopherousXtopherous Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    USAIR wrote:
    easy_button.gif

lol3.gif

Fred
    I think they're calling it the "Infinite Monkey Button". The problem is that it may take a million years before you get your result.
  • Artur C.Artur C. Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Darn,
    I guess my requested list of features didn't make it in.

-Ansel Adams mode

-Clothing removal mode (so.....I'm a guy...it's normal)

Art
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 19, 2006
    Artur C. wrote:
    I guess my requested list of features didn't make it in.

-Ansel Adams mode

-Clothing removal mode (so.....I'm a guy...it's normal)

Art

richard-

don't forget about the best improvement of all-

the cambler brush-

removes clothing-

george (post #9)