Burnt Out Car Photoshoot Anticlimax + a Bonus

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited June 9, 2006 in People
Hello friends! [Oh, wrong forum - I forgot, there is no model!] ;o)

Some of you might have read my thread earlier today about having a shoot tonight with a burnt out car and a hot model. Well, this is as hot as it get! She turned me down in the last minute - "I don't feel very well, and the weather is not all that great..." *Bummer* No, I mean double-mega-bummer-of-all-times!
I saw a pic some 1,5 year ago with a hot girl posing on the roof of a totally burnt out car. Dunno why, but I just loved it. Since then I've been keeping my eyes open for burnt out cars - with no luck. The few I've seen hasn't been located in very interesting surroundings. Then yesterday I found this beaty! I mean - can it be better? Now can it? (If you are looking for a burnt out car in a neat surrounding for a shoot with a hot girl) I don't think so! This was MEANT for me! I know it! Why!? Why!? Whyyy? :cry
Tomorrow it will be gone and I'll never get a "burnt-out-car" opportunity like this again, not very likely anyway! :cry :cry

74273518-O.jpg

But when going there this moring to check if the car was still there, I was in for a little surprise. All of a sudden I heard this Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih! It was a girl who stepped on a Black Adder. (Viper) I couldn't recist snapping a few pictures. Not all that great, but still. Made the trip worth while. :):

Holding the snake on a stick with one hand, shooting with the other was both tricky and a little... well, let's just say tickeling. I was more glad to see him than he was to see me!

74277608-O.jpg

74277634-O.jpg

Ready to Zzzzz-trike!

74277686-O.jpg

What do ya have in you camera bag? Hmm, lemme zzzzee....

74277575-O.jpg

Comments

• ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Love this one thumb.gif

74277686-S.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    I agree with Ed, that shot is excellent! Bummer, sorry your model chickened out. What's the matter with her, doesn't she know how talented you are? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    You do realize that the snake you were holding is poisonous? Possibly a pit viper?

:nono

Sorry, I just saw the second block of text. I am glad that you realized what it was.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    oh I don't think so.
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Sorry to hear about your dream crashing. Amazing how you can have something in your head and it's so difficult to get out. Curious, was it an internet model that you were suppose to work with or someone you already knew and have worked with before?

At least the trip was not a total waste. Great captures of the snake!

Joe
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Thanx Ed! I think this is the closest I've been face to face with an angry viper! :): I wonder what went through his head? "That guy has one big nose!" perhaps! rolleyes1.gif
    ehughes wrote:
    Love this one thumb.gif

74277686-S.jpg
    edited June 9, 2006
    Thanx! Haha! Proabably not - she missed a chans of a lifetime! mwink.gif:D
    *Giggle*
    wxwax wrote:
    I agree with Ed, that shot is excellent! Bummer, sorry your model chickened out. What's the matter with her, doesn't she know how talented you are? lol3.gif
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Great photos! You are very brave holding a snake on a stick like that. I wouldn't want my camera that close to one of those!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
    edited June 9, 2006
    Haha! Yes, Doc! I know, but the vipers we have here in Sweden isn't very venomous, though. If you're not a small child, or get an allergic reaction to the venom, in most cases you'll get tired, feel nauseoness and occationally heavy feaver.

Matty
    docwalker wrote:
    You do realize that the snake you were holding is poisonous? Possibly a pit viper?

:nono

Sorry, I just saw the second block of text. I am glad that you realized what it was.
    edited June 9, 2006
    haha! Don't worry - I'm exaggerating my frustration a little! But I've had this idea for a long time, and I do really want to do it. No, no Internet model. Have never tried that! No, it's was supposed to be with a girl called Veronica. I've photograped her many times before, known her since she suckled - almost. :):

Yes, lucker with the snake! It was a nice encounter!

Matty
    imax wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your dream crashing. Amazing how you can have something in your head and it's so difficult to get out. Curious, was it an internet model that you were suppose to work with or someone you already knew and have worked with before?

At least the trip was not a total waste. Great captures of the snake!

Joe
    edited June 9, 2006
    Haha! Some call it brave, other call it stupid! :D Yet, this snake isn't very venomous, so it wasn't to scarry.

Matty
    Red Bull wrote:
    Great photos! You are very brave holding a snake on a stick like that. I wouldn't want my camera that close to one of those!
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    The first picture has an animated feel to it - and the pictures of the viper are amazing. I would never ever get that close to any snake!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Wow! I love that first shot. The contrast between the beautiful scenery and the rusty car, which has a beauty of it's own, is pretty cool.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 9, 2006
    Hot girl on a burnt out car was going to be the highlight of my day today! And all we get is a silly snake!

I'm outta here!
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited June 9, 2006
    Thanx David! Yes, I like it too, but dang.... imagine a hot bikini model by the car! mwink.gif:D

Matty
    DavidS wrote:
    Wow! I love that first shot. The contrast between the beautiful scenery and the rusty car, which has a beauty of it's own, is pretty cool.
    edited June 9, 2006
    Zzzzzoooo..... how do you think I feel about it then, huh? *Dang!* :D

DoctorIt wrote:
    Hot girl on a burnt out car was going to be the highlight of my day today! And all we get is a silly snake!

I'm outta here!
    lol3.gif