Joe

GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited June 9, 2006 in People
Besides being the best massage therapist ever he is a very valented artist. This is for his bio on his website. Does the color look ok? Should I crop out the light?
Giselle

Comments

• mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    Besides being the best massage therapist ever he is a very valented artist. This is for his bio on his website. Does the color look ok? Should I crop out the light?

Color looks good to me. Yes I would crop out the light.
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Here's another one, better?
    Giselle
    edited June 8, 2006
    here is one of his pieces...
    Giselle
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    The second shot looks much better. The tighter crop without the bright light and doorway in the background. Plus you can see his face a little better. I like that you can see the motion blur on the wood chips flying off the lathe.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Your skin tones are off. Too red/magenta. Click on the Nice Tutes! link in my sig and you'll find a tute on skin tones.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Your skin tones are off. Too red/magenta. Click on the Nice Tutes! link in my sig and you'll find a tute on skin tones.

maybe he caught some sun.

i like the second one.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    maybe he caught some sun.

i like the second one.

Could be. If you *want* him sunburned, you're fine. I would back off, though.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Giselle, 2nd shot is better, do you have any of him looking into the camera?
    I know he'd never do it cos he'd loose a finger or two, but it'd really cool if he just looked up at you from this shot.

I think the skin tones are fine, remember he's working hard so he's going to look a little red in the face.
    DavidTO wrote:
    Could be. If you *want* him sunburned, you're fine. I would back off, though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited June 9, 2006
    here is one of him looking at the camera...
    Giselle
    edited June 9, 2006
    one from a lower angle...
    Giselle
    edited June 9, 2006
    It was @ noon in an unairconditioned garage in TX and he is an avid harley rider so there is some sunburn. But I would rather him not look red even if he was. I will work the tut and see what I get. Thanks for all the comments everybody.
    Giselle
    edited June 9, 2006
    did you use a flash? There's some wierdness going on with the flying shavings. Is this where 2nd curtain comes into play?

If you didn't use a flash then I'm more confused than normal. headscratch.gif Like how did the shavings get their movement trail in front of them.

They're all pretty good shots, wierdness or not. Let the man himself choose which one he likes.
    Giselle wrote:
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited June 9, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    did you use a flash? There's some wierdness going on with the flying shavings. Is this where 2nd curtain comes into play?

If you didn't use a flash then I'm more confused than normal. headscratch.gif Like how did the shavings get their movement trail in front of them.

They're all pretty good shots, wierdness or not. Let the man himself choose which one he likes.

No flash just light from the open garage door, what is a 2nd curtain? Can you explain the wierdness? I didn't add any movement/blur to the shavings, maybe the front trail is shavings that are boucing back from something.
    Giselle
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    Crop this one and it's a winner. it has the most dynamic and interesting composition. His skin tones look fine. It's a good shot. The only drawback is that one can't see his eyes, but under the circumstances, that's understandable.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited June 9, 2006
    hmm tricky.
    if the flash fires at the end of the exposure (2nd curtain) you get the trail 'after' the object.

movement ---->
    trail --object
    O

but here, the trail is 'before' the object. eek7.gif
    trail.jpg

movement---->
    object--trail
    O

In isolation if you look at the obove pic, you assume the objects are travelling right to left but in fact they're doing the opposite.

Hopefully someone else with more experience will correct me if I'm wrong or explain it clearer. My brain hurts!

Giselle wrote:
    No flash just light from the open garage door, what is a 2nd curtain? Can you explain the wierdness? I didn't add any movement/blur to the shavings, maybe the front trail is shavings that are boucing back from something.
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Giselle wrote:

I really like this one. The background is less distracting. Great shot.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    here is one of his pieces...
    Magnificent. The picture and the piece ... thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook