Downloading all pics in a gallery?

mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
edited June 12, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way for a user to download all the pics in a gallery in one step?

Also does, or could, SM offer CDs to users of my site?

Currently we have to make CDs for relatives with slow connections and mail them (when we go to the US to avoid customs people messing with the package). It would be nice if they could just order a CD directly from SM.
-- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
http://www.michaelmcleod.com/

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    Is there a way for a user to download all the pics in a gallery in one step?

Also does, or could, SM offer CDs to users of my site?

Currently we have to make CDs for relatives with slow connections and mail them (when we go to the US to avoid customs people messing with the package). It would be nice if they could just order a CD directly from SM.
    www.smugtools.com
    not sure of the status of this one:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2675

We don't have a way to have backup CDs available for purchase. Maybe one day, but we don't have it now.

I hope this helps!
  • mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    www.smugtools.com
    not sure of the status of this one:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2675

We don't have a way to have backup CDs available for purchase. Maybe one day, but we don't have it now.

I hope this helps!

ok thanks.
    I was looking along the lines of a link directly on the site that would allow them to do this. Hmmm... maybe something I work on.

Thanks for the answer about the CD.
    -- Mike

• marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Granted the customers can't buy CD's directly, but I think Mike might be missing that you can have smugmug send you (of course this is a pay for service) a CD or DVD of a gallery/galleries (i.e. all you would have to do is order a CD telling smugmug which galleries of photos you want on it, then mail the CD to the client, which saves you a lot of burning time.
    Richard
  • mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Granted the customers can't buy CD's directly, but I think Mike might be missing that you can have smugmug send you (of course this is a pay for service) a CD or DVD of a gallery/galleries (i.e. all you would have to do is order a CD telling smugmug which galleries of photos you want on it, then mail the CD to the client, which saves you a lot of burning time.
    Richard

These aren't really clients, rather family members. If they could order it themselves then they would pay for it and might convince them to go broadband.

Even so it might be a nice thing to do for them (send them a CD of the pictures). Will SM mail it to someone other than the person who ordered it?

I would gladly burn the CDs/DVDs at home but shipping them to and from Canada is a pain. They take weeks (one from my parents took over 3 weeks and I could tell customs had gone through it). Letters only add 2-3 days.
    -- Mike

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    These aren't really clients, rather family members. If they could order it themselves then they would pay for it and might convince them to go broadband.

Even so it might be a nice thing to do for them (send them a CD of the pictures). Will SM mail it to someone other than the person who ordered it?

Mike, just try it! You'll see the ordering screens...
  • timpicstimpics Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 12, 2006
    How to order just a gallery?
    Perhaps I'm going insane here, but I can't for the life of me find a way to just order a backup of a gallery. I can get one for a category or subcategory just fine, but even after making sure I'm viewing with the "smugmug" style, there's no button to request a backup.

Am I just missing it, or has this been removed for some reason?

(In case it makes a difference, I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.4.)

Thanks,
    -Tim
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    I'll jump in with an answer on this. The Backup button at the top of your screen is only there on the category and sub-category pages - not on the Gallery page. To order a backup of a gallery, you first open the gallery, then click on the Gallery Tools drop-down list and select "Order Backup.

Hope that helps.
  • timpicstimpics Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 12, 2006
    Got it - thanks very much!!