New Mac Uploader - v2.0.0 on 6/9/06

onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
edited July 24, 2006 in SmugMug Support
We haven't officially released this yet, since we're not done with the related help sections, but if you're on Mac OS X, you'll love this. :)

We've got a bunch of Mactels here (Intel Macs), and I'm sorry to say this doesn't work on them - yet! But if you've got a G3/G4/G5 Mac, you should be good to go.

Give it a whirl: Download

Let us know what you think.

Don

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    onethumb wrote:

Don

I looked briefly, haven't actually USED it. :D

Looks to be a nice improvement. I do have one question, though. In the add album options, shouldn't "templates" say "style"? Templates is what I do in setting custom options, right? Your asking if I want to force a style.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    We haven't officially released this yet, since we're not done with the related help sections, but if you're on Mac OS X, you'll love this. :)

We've got a bunch of Mactels here (Intel Macs), and I'm sorry to say this doesn't work on them - yet! But if you've got a G3/G4/G5 Mac, you should be good to go.

Don

Thanks - I'll give it a go as soon as.
    ":-)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • turtlebudturtlebud Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    onethumb wrote:

Don

Don,

In a nutshell, I like it! I've been using the web based java uploader before because I didn't really like the way that the smugmug upload integrated with iphoto. And now that I'm using aperture instead to organize and process my pictures, it's a lot easier to upload from a directory or a specific set of files. What I like most about the uploader is that you can choose the album that you want to put it in (without requiring that it be the named the same like in iphoto). And displaying the category that the album is in is helpful in case I have two albums named the same in two categories. I also like that there is a picture progress & an overall progress bar. Okay, I think that's about it, but like I said - I like it.

Jimmy
  • peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Does it run under Rosetta??
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 10, 2006
    Does it run under Rosetta??
    no
    Pedal faster
  • peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    no
    Poopie. Ah, well. Onethumb said the universal is coming, so no worries I guess. Im selling all my worldly possessions so I can get a new MacBook in a couple weeks!
  • MacHeadCaseMacHeadCase Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    Downloaded and will use next upload I have. Thanks! :D
  • macaddictmacaddict Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    Thanks for the Mac support - I'm waiting for the universal! :D
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    just in time...
    ... to upset the IT guys at work even more. Just yesterday, they warned us not to download music or stream audio or video at work 'cause it's slowing everything down. But hey-- they didn't say ANYTHING about uploading photos! Cool!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    onethumb wrote:

Don

Works much better than the earliwer version, I like that it tells you if a file is too big instead of just stalling (usually cos it got saved as a psd by mistake)
    Like that you can see better progress and that you can see individual files

It'\s good - THANKS!:):

NOW what it needs for the next version is multiple windows so you can upload to more than one gallery at a time ( have to wait for each and every file to upload to it's gallery before can send other pics to a different gallery at mo)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • JauntyJaunty Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    I have just downloaded the new version and get stuck, unable to log in to Smugmug. I get a Security Warning saying my sytem is not recent enough to log in securely, I agree to continue insecurely then it just hangs. I am using 10.3.9, I could use the previous Mac OS X uploader fine. I have tried searching the forums but could not find an answer, any clues please? Let me know if you need more information. (I have double checked my password is correct, and actually reset it to be sure).

Thanks a lot.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Jaunty wrote:
    I have just downloaded the new version and get stuck, unable to log in to Smugmug. I get a Security Warning saying my sytem is not recent enough to log in securely, I agree to continue insecurely then it just hangs. I am using 10.3.9, I could use the previous Mac OS X uploader fine. I have tried searching the forums but could not find an answer, any clues please? Let me know if you need more information. (I have double checked my password is correct, and actually reset it to be sure).

Thanks a lot.
    We're looking into the 10.3.9 support.
    edited June 19, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    We're looking into the 10.3.9 support.

Thanks Andy, I did not see that it was not yet supported. Stupidly I replaced my old version with the new one and now can not now find a link to the legacy Mac uploader, is it on the site somewhere?
    edited June 19, 2006
    Jaunty wrote:
    Thanks Andy, I did not see that it was not yet supported. Stupidly I replaced my old version with the new one and now can not now find a link to the legacy Mac uploader, is it on the site somewhere?

Version 1 Mac Uploader

THIS LINK IS VERSION 1 people, NOT VERSION 2. ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO ROLL BACK TO V1 :D
    edited June 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Version 1 Mac Uploader

THIS LINK IS VERSION 1 people, NOT VERSION 2. ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO ROLL BACK TO V1 :D

Thank you.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Jaunty wrote:
    Thank you.

Why would you still be using 10.3.9?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited June 20, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Why would you still be using 10.3.9?

It works, mostly, for all I need anyways. Will wait until I buy a new Mac or 10.5 which ever comes first
    edited July 24, 2006