Ch 66: Patches Of Metal

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited June 11, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Visited my son today at his place of employment. He manages and buys music for an independent music store that sells music not readily available in the mainstream music stores. They also sell shirts and various other music- related items. I went there because I knew they sold patches and stickers as well. But what struck me even more than the counter displays of stickers, were the shirts displayed like patches on the wall. I took a lot of photos, these are but a few.... I'm leaning towards #2, but just can't decide! They have been slightly adjusted in RAW, but have not been cropped or fine-tuned yet. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions for improvement...could use some title suggestions as well!!

#1 PATCHES FOR SALE
74507701-L.jpg

74507707-L.jpg

#3 STICK ON PATCHES

74507718-L.jpg

74507722-L.jpg

74507734-L.jpg

#6 (JOHNNY CASH PLAYS METAL??? :clap )

74507751-L.jpg

#7 Management at your service - may I help you choose a patch?

74507763-L.jpg

#8 Wall-to-wall patches
74507741-L.jpg

#9 Promotional patches

74507773-L.jpg

Comments

• vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Visited my son today at his place of employment. He manages and buys music for an independent music store that sells music not readily available in the mainstream music stores. They also sell shirts and various other music- related items. I went there because I knew they sold patches and stickers as well. But what struck me even more than the counter displays of stickers, were the shirts displayed like patches on the wall. I took a lot of photos, these are but a few.... I'm leaning towards #2, but just can't decide! They have been slightly adjusted in RAW, but have not been cropped or fine-tuned yet. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions for improvement...could use some title suggestions as well!!

Personally I like 2 & 6. The angle on 2 gives it dynamism & the closer crop on 6 again adds interest. As to Johnny Cash, saw the film Walk the Line & thought it was great!
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Very nice find for patches!

I like #1 - I would crop out the ceiling tiles and the right side is a bit distracting.
    #2 is strong - once again those tiles are peeking in.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    ditto what twinbnj said.........love em clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Thanks Bridg and Twinbnj. I went with the 2 you selected. #1 was more than I wanted to deal with. I had used a wide angle lens, so the cases in front were a bit distored, which could be fixed....but I just don't have the time this weekend. So, I cropped #2 per your suggestion to get rid of the ceiling tile. I didn't crop the clothes-pins in the upper left corner. I started losing alot of the shirts when I did that, besides I kind of like seeing how they are hung. What do you think?

74576516-L.jpg

Then I decided to try a tighter crop and lose the floor in the lower right entirely and went ahead and lost the clothes-pins. It becomes more of a graphic image, I guess. I like both because I like knowing it is a store. Again, I lost more shirts and the corner that wraps around had to go...

Any comments? I'm getting cross-eyed looking at them!!!

74576524-L.jpg

Then I went back to another image I liked, punched it up. Not the volume of shirts, but I like it, too.

74576537-L.jpg
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    I think the middle one is absolutely perfect clap.gifclapclap.gifclap:Dthumb.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    I think the middle one is absolutely perfect

I agree, cool shot!
    Chris
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    The middle one looks great.