Suggestions for removing skin hightlights

2»

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    RTP wrote:
    Well well well looky here. The girl on the right has green eyes.
    Hope you don't mind. I'll pull it off if you want me to.

Took about 2 minutes. Simple heal brush, level adjustment, saturation adjustment, and curve adjustments.
    Looks great!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Blurmore wrote:
    ...I'm not sure the end result qualifies as a photograph. More of a photo illustration.
    I almost agree with you... Honestly ...:):
    Regards. thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
    edited June 15, 2006
    Blurmore wrote:
    I like to use healing brush on a seperate layer then adjust the layer's opacity and blending (usually to soft light).

71548853-L.jpg

This young lady's T-zone, chin and nose were tamed using that technique, but the before highlights were not nearly so evident.
    Blurmore.
    I am missing something here.
    First is you say that "
    While this photoshop treatment is interesting and does remove all the highlights, I'm not sure the end result qualifies as a photograph. More of a photo illustration." and then you post this, herewith.

It looks to me contraditory.
    Unless you consider your own photo as an illustration itself ... ne_nau.gif
    Because, for me, and I mean no ofense whatsoever - your photo is excellent as a stereotype and example of a formal and nice picture, illustration type. :):
    There is sometimes, in this globalized world, a problem of codes in comunication and concepts which are not easy to explain ...
    Please, drop me a line and pour some light inside my poor brain ... :D
    Regards. thumb.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    RTP wrote:
    Why are removing all the spots and freckles? That is part of the persons face. I see removing a huge zit would be the thing to do. However, not all the freckles on a persn's face.

What look are trying to go for? Did you see my sample? I figured you going for color corrections and brightning up the photo. ne_nau.gif

To remove freckles or not to remove! (This could be a whole new thread.) While it is fine to learn how to thoroughly change a woman's complexion, I think it should only be done for advertising or if the model requests it. Otherwise, you are risking insulting a woman by making such drastic changes. I shot some wedding shots recently and asked about one small mole on the grooms forehead because I wasn't sure if it was a blemish or not. Turns out it was a mole, so I did not remove it. Remove the shine, remove dark circles, soften ever so slightly and try to keep it natural-looking!!! Freckles are NOT blemishes!!!
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Blurmore.
    I am missing something here.
    First is you say that "
    While this photoshop treatment is interesting and does remove all the highlights, I'm not sure the end result qualifies as a photograph. More of a photo illustration." and then you post this, herewith.

It looks to me contraditory.
    Unless you consider your own photo as an illustration itself ... ne_nau.gif
    Because, for me, and I mean no ofense whatsoever - your photo is excellent as a stereotype and example of a formal and nice picture, illustration type. :):
    There is sometimes, in this globalized world, a problem of codes in comunication and concepts which are not easy to explain ...
    Please, drop me a line and pour some light inside my poor brain ... :D
    Regards. thumb.gif

This client wanted a formal gown portrait for graduation. It is what it is but it is definately a photograph. Your treatment of the snapshot of the two girls with unfeathered masking of the eyes and lips rendered them as surreal plastic toys with amazingly lifelike and sharp lips and eyeballs. It qualifies as what some call photo art. But as an actual touchup of a photograph it crosses over into some other genre which is no longer photography.
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    To remove freckles or not to remove! (This could be a whole new thread.) While it is fine to learn how to thoroughly change a woman's complexion, I think it should only be done for advertising or if the model requests it. Otherwise, you are risking insulting a woman by making such drastic changes. I shot some wedding shots recently and asked about one small mole on the grooms forehead because I wasn't sure if it was a blemish or not. Turns out it was a mole, so I did not remove it. Remove the shine, remove dark circles, soften ever so slightly and try to keep it natural-looking!!! Freckles are NOT blemishes!!!

15524779-Ti.gif As stated before, I would never do this for a final image and would never move someone's "features".

Just practicing.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
    edited June 16, 2006
    Blurmore wrote:
    This client wanted a formal gown portrait for graduation. It is what it is but it is definately a photograph. Your treatment of the snapshot of the two girls with unfeathered masking of the eyes and lips rendered them as surreal plastic toys with amazingly lifelike and sharp lips and eyeballs. It qualifies as what some call photo art. But as an actual touchup of a photograph it crosses over into some other genre which is no longer photography.
    OK. Thank you for letting me know.
    Regards thumb.gif