my 2 neices

ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited June 17, 2006 in People
70861907-M.jpg
70861520-M-1.jpg

First time doing this sort of thing I found out just how hard it is to take pictures of kids/babies since they dont sit still for more than 3 seconds.. C&C welcome.

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Beautiful shots, I especially like the 2nd baby photo.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Very cute i loved pictures a lot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Love the second one! I think thay are all technically good pics.
    I think I might crop the 1st one down to jst the girl and her bear. I generally like how empty space can balance a picture. In this case I just don't think it adds to the picture.

I love pictures of naked newborns, but pictures of naked todlers always make me feel... uncomfortable.

It's quite possible that I'm just an uptight prude... ne_nau.gif

Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Bakat wrote:
    I love pictures of naked newborns, but pictures of naked todlers always make me feel... uncomfortable.

It's quite possible that I'm just an uptight prude... ne_nau.gif

Kat
    I'm with you on this one. I HATE the thought of what a twisted mind will do with some images.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Yeah, I know - double posting is not on, but I had to write a confirmation to the last post.

Now, onto the photos! Great, love the young ones. The second one is SO cute. I just love the little one. In the third image, the girl looks almost like, "What, who are you?"

Though, I wonder that DGrin will allow that obscene gesture to stand!:D
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Very cute! I also like the idea of cropping the first one down and eliminating the blank space. But, just my opinion. This was my go at cropping it. Hope you don't mind.
    70861907-M.jpg

The second one is darling. I had to laugh though (I have a 21 month old and a 4 month old) and seeing the baby flipping me the bird (middle finger just happens to be up) made me laugh. I think of all the times my 21 month old would like to give me that and get away with it and it makes me laugh as a parent. Maybe I'm weird. Love the shot!

The third one is very sweet. I understand people's concerns with the sick and the twisted minded. There is such an innocence about the expression. Very cute!
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Thanks for the comments and umm I don't really understand how anyone can be uneasy with a baby being naked.. I'm just happy I got some great shots for my family and it was quite an experience for me trying to get them to sit still, dont think i can handle being a baby photographer thats for sure.
  • ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Heres another without her flippin the bird

70969879-M.jpg
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    Very cute! I really like that angle. You're on her level and she's so alert, that's very cool. It's definitely a challenge to take kids pics, no doubt about it, my 4 month old daughter is constantly moving, which makes it so tough, my 21 month old son now takes a little direction (when he wants to). Great work. Your family will be so proud to have these photos!
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    Two very different and very cool shots.
    I love the wrinkly skin of the little ones. We tried to capture our daughters wrinkles at that age as well. Nice work. The first shot is crisp and vivid.