The Drifter

leroysleroys Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited July 9, 2006 in People
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=160666198&size=l Ed was a guest for a couple of days a the community mealsite where I volunteer, He said he had to move on as he does not stay in one spot to long.

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 11, 2006
    very neat--

thanks for posting-

george
  • STLMach1STLMach1 Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    I like it! The picture leaves one wondering what life has dealt this fellow and all that he's seen in his years. I'll keep him in my prayers tonight.

Michael
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Wow, that face really tells a hard story... great shot.
    Chris
  • leroysleroys Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Thanks all for the great comments.
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Really great portrait!
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    I have often wanted to photograph I guess you would call them street people or basically the homeless. I see them dowtown Denver and just wonder what their life story is. Would love to see this in BW if you have the opportunity to convert.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited June 17, 2006
    SitterS wrote:
    I have often wanted to photograph I guess you would call them street people or basically the homeless. I see them dowtown Denver and just wonder what their life story is. Would love to see this in BW if you have the opportunity to convert. No problem Shane, Here it is, Used powerretouche Studio B&W plugin, Thanks, Leroy
    edited June 17, 2006
    leroys wrote:
    SitterS wrote:
    I have often wanted to photograph I guess you would call them street people or basically the homeless. I see them dowtown Denver and just wonder what their life story is. Would love to see this in BW if you have the opportunity to convert. No problem Shane, Here it is, Used powerretouche Studio B&W plugin, Thanks, Leroy

Like it. I wonder if you added a little more contrast would it give you deeper tones. He has such great character to his face. Do you mind if I download pic and give it a try on the conversion as well. BW conversions are something I continously try to perfect. If you would not prefer that I download and play with the pic I truly understand. Keep taking more of these as I would love to see them.

Shane

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited June 18, 2006
    SitterS wrote:
    leroys wrote:

Like it. I wonder if you added a little more contrast would it give you deeper tones. He has such great character to his face. Do you mind if I download pic and give it a try on the conversion as well. BW conversions are something I continously try to perfect. If you would not prefer that I download and play with the pic I truly understand. Keep taking more of these as I would love to see them.

Shane
    Shane, No prob on the conversion, Please post when you are finished and thanks, Leroy
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    I thought it needed more contrast as well. Great portrait, well done.
    edited June 18, 2006
    Ok...here is my go at it. I just look at this picture and wonder what he is thinking.

Shane

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited July 9, 2006
    SitterS wrote:
    Ok...here is my go at it. I just look at this picture and wonder what he is thinking.

Shane
    Bingo, This is perfect contrast, Thanks Shane, Leroy