Can't connect! AGAIN!

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited June 12, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Well here I am trying to upload my event pics once again. Here I am not able to log on to my site, once again. I just don't get it. I can search the world over, but I can't "find" my own site.....not happy:cry

Why does this happen? Anyone? Anyone?:dunno
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Hi Jeffro, I see you're upset - please standby while I check your account.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:

My page has been "opening" for 5-minutes...nothing.

10-minutes later...it opened!! WOW!! I can only hope it's because my site was getting massive traffic!

Maybe I spoke too soon, opened my site, haven't logged in yet.....
    edited June 11, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    My page has been "opening" for 5-minutes...nothing.

10-minutes later...it opened!! WOW!! I can only hope it's because my site was getting massive traffic!

Maybe I spoke too soon, opened my site, haven't logged in yet.....

It took 25-minutes...but I'm in!eek7.gif
    edited June 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Where did you go?ne_nau.gif:D
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Hi Jeffro,

I don't know what the problem is but Onethumb is aware. I can hit any site on SmugMug I go to, but not yours.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Jeffro,

I don't know what the problem is but Onethumb is aware. I can hit any site on SmugMug I go to, but not yours.
    Strange, it loads fine for me.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited June 12, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    Strange, it loads fine for me.

It's still slow to connect this morning...but only in the couple of minute range..not 25-minutes. On the bright side, it's loading my pic's.clap.gif
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    I Have Had The Same Problem
    And it was my local ISP doing maintenance on thier server and limit band with or some thing. I live in a rual area and the end of the line on services ie. power and phone lines. It is a shame to hook a power meter to the a/c outlet and watch dips in voltage when we are just 10 miles from the power plant that supplies half of Houston. When my pages start loading funny or slow I just disconnect and try again later. ne_nau.gif
    xtnomad :wink
    edited June 12, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    And it was my local ISP doing maintenance on thier server and limit band with or some thing. I live in a rual area and the end of the line on services ie. power and phone lines. It is a shame to hook a power meter to the a/c outlet and watch dips in voltage when we are just 10 miles from the power plant that supplies half of Houston. When my pages start loading funny or slow I just disconnect and try again later. ne_nau.gif

I'm pretty sure it's not my server (Comcast High-Speed), since I am able to connect to everything else, including my web host, and do any work I want on my webpage. It's just connecting to my Smug gallery that gives me a problem....I have no idea whyheadscratch.gif

Like I said, I can only hope (if it's not a Smug problem) that it's because of high traffic after an event....that I guess wouldn't be all bad:D .