Annoyed. Password protection not working

cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
edited June 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
For the last several days my password protected galleries have not been giving me the option to input a password. It's like the page is blank except for header and footer. Can someone look at this. I have wedding guests that are expecting pics online in a couple days and this just wont fly with me. Thanks

cwphotos.smugmug.com
====My Gear=====
Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
Wedding Photographer
www.cwphotos.net

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    For the last several days my password protected galleries have not been giving me the option to input a password. It's like the page is blank except for header and footer. Can someone look at this. I have wedding guests that are expecting pics online in a couple days and this just wont fly with me. Thanks

cwphotos.smugmug.com

Don't be annoyed. Password Protection works JUST FINE. It's only because you put this in your CSS:

#content {display:none;}
    which will block the content from the password page from showing up. Why do you have that code there anyhow?

Also, read our instructions on domains very carefully :D
    You are forwarding, NOT CNAME Aliasing, your custom domain. See our excellent help and blogs:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/12/01/dont-get-framed-or-forwarded/
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    Well Andy I dont know how that got there. But I havent touched my code in a long while. This stuff worked a week ago. And with the forwarding is that a big deal? I dont really mind it. Thanks.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
    edited June 12, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    Well Andy I dont know how that got there. But I havent touched my code in a long while. This stuff worked a week ago. And with the forwarding is that a big deal? I dont really mind it. Thanks.
    I wouldn't have written the blog entry and we wouldn't have the help section if it wasn't a big deal. So yeah, it's a big deal. If you leave things as they are, then you are setting yourself up for client problems down the road.
    edited June 12, 2006
    Ouch. Ok I will take a look at the whole CNAME thing. :uhoh I will also remove the element and see what I get with my password pages.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
    edited June 12, 2006
    Ok I removed that element and it works now. As far as I can remember though that has been in my code......has something changed over the last week or so? ne_nau.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
    edited June 12, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    Ok I removed that element and it works now. As far as I can remember though that has been in my code......has something changed over the last week or so? ne_nau.gif
    No, and we don't put stuff in your code without your consent or knowing it....
    edited June 12, 2006
    I wasnt isinuating (sp?) that you did. I was just wondering if something was interpreting that command differently now, as opposed to a week ago when it worked last. As for the CNAME issue I cant use that with 1and1 without losing my email accounts functionality that are attached to my domain.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    As for the CNAME issue I cant use that with 1and1 without losing my email accounts functionality that are attached to my domain.

Sorry for jumping in here, but i have had experience with 1and1 and im a dns pimp :-)

I has been a while since i have seen the 1and1 domain control panel. But you should be able to check a checkbox by your domain and then click a "edit dns settings" button. On that page you should be able to create a cname record.

A cname should have no effect on your mail. MX records tell mail servers where to send your mail.
    Your MX records point to 1and1 mail servers.

cwphotos.net. MX IN 86400 mx00.1and1.com. [Preference = 10]
    cwphotos.net. MX IN 86400 mx01.1and1.com. [Preference = 10]

Enjoy! and good luck.
    -Paul
    edited June 13, 2006
    Thanks for the hint but it says this:

I am aware and accept that all current DNS settings, e-mail addresses, and forwards will be disabled.
    This happens when I go to create a CNAME, under the edit DNS method
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
    edited June 13, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    I wasnt isinuating (sp?) that you did. I was just wondering if something was interpreting that command differently now, as opposed to a week ago when it worked last. As for the CNAME issue I cant use that with 1and1 without losing my email accounts functionality that are attached to my domain.
    Hey, it's all good and I didn't think you were insinuating anything :D

Are you all sorted now? Holler if I can help in any way at all.

wave.gif
    edited June 13, 2006
    Thanks Andy. My password pages now work. But still no joy on the CNAME stuff. FYI the forward on my site is simply an HTML page with a redirect. Im not using my webhosts forwarding options.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net