jo momma?

LoadedagainLoadedagain dazed and confusedRegistered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited January 15, 2004 in The Big Picture
i like this place. not sure about the new vbuletin though... off topic. like jo momma? :evil

Comments

  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2004
    Uh-oh.... :ha:
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • patch29patch29 C|34N3R Atlanta, GARegistered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2004
    i like this place. not sure about the new vbuletin though... off topic. like jo momma? naughty.gif

    We need some more smiles too. :friday:
  • Too Many ToysToo Many Toys Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 10, 2004
    i like this place. not sure about the new vbuletin though... off topic. like jo momma? naughty.gif

    Loaded> Photo site> 'Jo momma' like forum.....

    Could be very interesting Wink2.gif
  • John MacdonaldJohn Macdonald Big grins Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2004
    if it's like the one on the other site...
    Boooorrriiiinnngggg...


    I do think most of the other photo sites suffer from mrn syndrome though, but from the looks of the way this party's starting, this might just be a spicy dish.

    Bring it on I say.



    Loaded> Photo site> 'Jo momma' like forum.....

    Could be very interesting Wink2.gif
  • HacksawHacksaw Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 10, 2004
    Boooorrriiiinnngggg...


    I do think most of the other photo sites suffer from mrn syndrome though, but from the looks of the way this party's starting, this might just be a spicy dish.

    Bring it on I say.
    Hi guys, I'm going to have to dust off the digit. cam. and get cracking.
  • Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Major grins Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2004
    wave.gif Hi guys, just signed up over here. What do you think of the new avitar?

    I'll be around....... rolleyes1.gif
  • fishfish Site Megalodon Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2004
    hi kids! :ah:
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • kbasakbasa Big grins Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2004
    Jeez. This forum's only been up a few days and there's already empty beer bottles in the corner, cigar ashes on the couch and the smell of farts.

    Yep. Not your usual digicam forum.thumb.gif
    What's this button do?
  • patch29patch29 C|34N3R Atlanta, GARegistered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2004
    kbasa wrote:
    Jeez. This forum's only been up a few days and there's already empty beer bottles in the corner, cigar ashes on the couch and the smell of farts.

    Yep. Not your usual digicam forum.thumb.gif

    We have been working very hard to keep the place presentable, glad you noticed. thumb.gif
  • ian408ian408 More wag. Less Bark. Administrators Posts: 21,436 moderator
    edited January 12, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    We have been working very hard to keep the place presentable, glad you noticed. thumb.gif
    Honey, could you sweep up some u'those ashes? Maybe pickup some
    u'those bottles. Company's commin'

    ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • RuskieRuskie Big grins Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2004
    In!
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2004
    Ruskie wrote:
    In!
    clap.gif Good to see you, ol' buddy. Glad you're here. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • hutchmanhutchman Major grins Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2004
    Ruskie wrote:
    In!
    Hey Mike,

    Did you ever get over this way?? I'll see you at the boat show this weekend.

    Hutch
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2004
    wave.gif Hi guys, just signed up over here. What do you think of the new avitar?

    I'll be around....... rolleyes1.gif

    Why, I think it's very rude. blbl.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BaldyBaldy SmugMug co-founder Mountain View, CaRegistered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 13, 2004
    I'm a little bit conflicted because I want to start sending customers from smugmug here and unlike ADVrider, which is my hobby and all about motorcycling, smugmug customer's include peace corps volunteers, monks, girl scout troops, church congregations, a senator, a governor...you get the picture.
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2004
    Something has to set this message board apart from the others.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • John MacdonaldJohn Macdonald Big grins Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2004
    Choice, and being in public.
    Add to that the Satanic Church and you'll paint a more balanced picture there Baldy.

    I really dig you. Lots.
    Even though I have spent very little time -right next to you- , I get the sense there's a truly reasonable, bright, and somewhat balanced human in there.
    Even though you are an extreme athlete.
    ;-)

    Something I've enjoyed about advrider (a great example here) is that much like the weather, the visitors are expected to take the condition of the community at any given time just as it is.
    They are responsible for their choice to walk into the room, they have the choice to leave at will.
    The sense of community there is unique. For the most part, over there I feel as if I'm really getting a square deal in conversation.
    Go ahead and call bullshit when it's time to call bullshit, the choice is yours, just like in real life.

    I don't like the unnatural constraints to conversation and self expression excercised at most sites. You created (at advrider) a clubhouse environment loved by enthusiasts around the world.

    Onya, Baldy!

    Go ahead and park this 'jomomma' in the basement, but don't be ashamed of it. I can see why you'd do that for the signal-to-noise seperation factor you'd be adjusting.
    Off topic roudy banter isn't for everyone, but the parlor is a common niche in most homes (mine being a machine shop...) and I feel it's needed for a well rounded community.














    Baldy wrote:
    I'm a little bit conflicted because I want to start sending customers from smugmug here and unlike ADVrider, which is my hobby and all about motorcycling, smugmug customer's include peace corps volunteers, monks, girl scout troops, church congregations, a senator, a governor...you get the picture.
  • BaldyBaldy SmugMug co-founder Mountain View, CaRegistered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 13, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Something has to set this message board apart from the others.
    One thing already does: you can attach images, just like ADVrider, and they display without you having to click on them or be registered.

    I know it's a huge feature at ADVrider and I have to imagine that for a photography forum it's even bigger.
  • fishfish Site Megalodon Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2004
    Just my personal opinion...

    There is only one Jo Momma. It's at www.advrider.com. If you wanna talk about politics, bestiality, war, profanity, religion, and all the rest...do it in Jo Momma. Advrider is PG13. Dgrin has to be G....and maybe PG, if it's art, if you know what I mean.

    This is not Advrider. This is not Jo Momma. This is a parallel universe, where we talk about digital photography and are actually courteous to eachother. Hell, I'm even being nice to waxy here rolleyes1.gif

    Nothing personal, Johnny Mac...you know I love you, but let's keep Jo Momma in Jo Momma. Will this be an MRN? No way...it's not a motorcycle site. It's a photography site. It's going to develop its own culture, despite baldy being the boss and a bunch of us advriders invading. Kinda like the difference between hitting Finnegan's Wake on Cole and going to your gramma's house for supper.

    I'm not sure that came out exactly right...but you catch my drift?

    JMHO.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Just my personal opinion...

    There is only one Jo Momma. It's at www.advrider.com. If you wanna talk about politics, bestiality, war, profanity, religion, and all the rest...do it in Jo Momma. Advrider is PG13. Dgrin has to be G....and maybe PG, if it's art, if you know what I mean.

    This is not Advrider. This is not Jo Momma. This is a parallel universe, where we talk about digital photography and are actually courteous to eachother. Hell, I'm even being nice to waxy here rolleyes1.gif

    Nothing personal, Johnny Mac...you know I love you, but let's keep Jo Momma in Jo Momma. Will this be an MRN? No way...it's not a motorcycle site. It's a photography site. It's going to develop its own culture, despite baldy being the boss and a bunch of us advriders invading. Kinda like the difference between hitting Finnegan's Wake on Cole and going to your gramma's house for supper.

    I'm not sure that came out exactly right...but you catch my drift?

    JMHO.


    Wow. Fish making sense. Sounding reasonable, of all things. clap.gif

    Did I forget my meds this morning? eek7.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Mike WernerMike Werner Big grins Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow. Fish making sense. Sounding reasonable, of all things. clap.gif

    Did I forget my meds this morning? eek7.gif
    yeah I agree (about Fish, not about your meds). Should be far more tempered here, since you'll not just get bikers. Whatcagoingtasay when Prez Bushy comes online to share some of his pics ??:D
    Mike Werner
    Paris, France

    http://news.motorbiker.org/
  • TuesdayTuesday Beginner Grinner Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2004
    The New Gal
    Hello. I'm new here and I just wanted to say....ahemm... Sorry, I had beans for lunch.Wink2.gif Anyway. Just wanted ta say Hi!
    thumb.gif

    Tuesday
  • wxwaxwxwax Immoderator Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    Now that's what I call an avatar. iloveyou.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BaldyBaldy SmugMug co-founder Mountain View, CaRegistered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 15, 2004
    Okay, fish has been sending pretty compelling emails with suggested improvements, so I just added him to the moderator team and he'll try to whip the off-topic forum in shape. fish was user #26 at ADVrider and together we made a mess of the place, so he needs a second chance.

    Here he promises to be a fine upstanding citizen.
  • fishfish Site Megalodon Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    Thanks boss. I'm glad we could come to terms on the extremely generous compensation package (although I'm still a little cheesed-off that I only got 100,000 shares of stock options).

    Glad to be here.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • BaldyBaldy SmugMug co-founder Mountain View, CaRegistered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 15, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Thanks boss. I'm glad we could come to terms on the extremely generous compensation package (although I'm still a little cheesed-off that I only got 100,000 shares of stock options).

    Glad to be here.
    Tell you what: as a special, one-time offer that expires at midnight, with the manager's approval, I'll let you trade in those 100,000 shares for a fish smilie. But you'll have to act fast, my friend. This offer is non-transferable. deal.gif
  • fishfish Site Megalodon Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Tell you what: as a special, one-time offer that expires at midnight, with the manager's approval, I'll let you trade in those 100,000 shares for a fish smilie. But you'll have to act fast, my friend. This offer is non-transferable. deal.gif
    Deal. (heh...yer gonna get the short end of that stick Wicked.gif)

    Hard to find good, unique ones tho...



    speaking of smilies, we're missing naughty.gif...you've got http://www.dgrin.com/images/icons/Wicked.gif in the icon list, but it's missing from the smilies
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • fishfish Site Megalodon Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    .
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
Sign In or Register to comment.