Options

Just curious

davespicsdavespics Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited June 16, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
I am new to this forum (this is my 13th post) and just curious about something. In the "shots" section, is it poor etiquite to post your own picture in a thread after somebody starts one of their own? While I have your attention, go to davespics.com (don't type www)....

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    davespics wrote:
    I am new to this forum (this is my 13th post) and just curious about something. In the "shots" section, is it poor etiquite to post your own picture in a thread after somebody starts one of their own? While I have your attention, go to davespics.com (don't type www)....

Its usually considered to be poor form to do so. Its a type of hi-jacking someone else's thread. How would you feel if you posted an osprey shot and were getting responses and then some dude comes along and posts some of his osprey shots in your thread and folks start commenting on his shots. If you have a shot you want to share just start a new thread.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    davespics wrote:

Has anyone ever tried to load a picture to only have it.....just kidding!lol3.gif Minny Hi-Jack!! :lol4

But seriously.....I coudn't find davespics.com, with or without wwwheadscratch.gif .

Welcome to the forum!:):
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited June 13, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Its usually considered to be poor form to do so. Its a type of hi-jacking someone else's thread. How would you feel if you posted an osprey shot and were getting responses and then some dude comes along and posts some of his osprey shots in your thread and folks start commenting on his shots. If you have a shot you want to share just start a new thread.
    I agree, in general. Bad manners. On the other hand, if you have something that is highly relevant to a discussion under way, I think it is OK to include a link to the pic. Others may disagree on that point, ne_nau.gif

Regards,
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif I'm with Richard, links are fine if it relates to the discussion in the thread. I think it stifles any discussion to not be able to compare and relate to previous work.

Malte
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I'm with Richard, links are fine if it relates to the discussion in the thread. I think it stifles any discussion to not be able to compare and relate to previous work.

Malte

What if someone started a thread with a picture showing how a particular product works to show people how nicely it does work because people were questioning the product....and then you post your own picture to show your support in the product......example....the LSII thread in the accessories forum.

I posted a picture in there later in the thread, not realizing it could be in bad taste to do so.....I hope I did not upset anyone (don't think I did?)
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    What if someone started a thread with a picture showing how a particular product works to show people how nicely it does work because people were questioning the product....and then you post your own picture to show your support in the product......example....the LSII thread in the accessories forum.

I posted a picture in there later in the thread, not realizing it could be in bad taste to do so.....I hope I did not upset anyone (don't think I did?)

I'd say it's all in how you do it. There's more to hijacking a thread than just adding a picture. I think that as long as you keep the thread on topic, all in all, you're fine. That's how I feel about it anyway.

Malte
  • Options
    davespicsdavespics Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Thanks everybody! I guess it is not black and white...I was refering to a picture I posted to this thread... http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35870

Anyway, I'll just be mindful going forward..thanks again.