Tree light

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited June 15, 2006 in People
Here is one of the shots I liked while taking some photos along a wood path with my friend Lindsay. Tell me what you think.
Ashley
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    I didn't think it was that bad. But oh, the silence says it all.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Ashley, don't ever take it personally or feel that any silence is tacit criticism. I find that the "new stuff" button often skips posts, and I have missed lots of threads that I eventually found later (like this one). And most folks around here aren't shy about posting what could be improved with a photo. If it's ignored, it prolly just fell through the cracks.

I like this shot, it has a nice feel to it. The only thing that bugged me was that her left hand kind of disappears headscratch.gif. Other than that I found myself looking around the scene a bit - nice looking girl, cool forest, what's that she's standing on, what's it doing there... When I find myself wandering around a shot like that for a few moments then I think the photographer has done a good job capturing the moment.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    I think it is a cool shot as well. In addition to the hand, the extremely over exposed sky is just a little much too. Wonder if the burn tool could help at all?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Oh, you mistake me. I was filled with sarcasm and also filled with the urge that whatever I did to get my picture to the front page again I was not going to use the word 'bump'.
    Thanks for your comments. I too, am annoyed by the hand but it was naturally like that. I don't know if I have another hand that I can clone in or not and I will play with it more to get a better sky.
    Ashley
    P.S.- I also ran it through in ambience filter to get the green bright. Do you like the orginal more or not?
    Green is the way to be!
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    I like the altered version better, more abstract!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 15, 2006
    Ashley,
    I agree with Jim. I like this version way better thumb.gif Of course, you need to take this with a grain of salt. Since I have very little creative/artistic talent, I usually don't like shots that overdo blur or glow. The second one looks "more real" to me. I'd even suggest pumping up the color a bit. Also, the background and the top of her head look better to me in this version :-)

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    I like the 2nd post much better.. the first one appears quite "fuzzy" on my monitor. Interesting pose. Very artsy thumb.gif