Casey

GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited June 15, 2006 in People
She drove all the way from San Antonio to Galveston to join the group photo shoot I was at last weekend. She is just starting out and so sweet.
Giselle

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    She drove all the way from San Antonio to Galveston to join the group photo shoot I was at last weekend. She is just starting out and so sweet.

Nice shot....but couldn't you have taken a step back? lol3.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    can you say jail bait...rolleyes1.gif
    Giselle
    edited June 14, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    can you say jail bait...rolleyes1.gif

I can....but I won't.....just having fun wit' ya! Good work as always!thumb.gif
    edited June 14, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Nice shot....but couldn't you have taken a step back? lol3.gif

OK, enjoy...
    Giselle
    edited June 14, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    OK, enjoy...

eek7.gif :jawdrop
    edited June 14, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    eek7.gif :jawdrop

and this girl is 13!!
    Giselle
    edited June 14, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    and this girl is 13!!

That's just not right. I have three daughters...a 17 year old...so I'm being punished now...and two 5 year olds...so I will certainly be punished again!

Being a Dad w/ daughters is tough.........rolleyes1.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Again, these are very nice. I like #1 and #3. These photos make me glad I'm the father of only one son and no daughters! These girls' fathers are in for some fun in the near future. Very lovely ladies.
  • jmallenjmallen Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Again, these are very nice. I like #1 and #3. These photos make me glad I'm the father of only one son and no daughters! These girls' fathers are in for some fun in the near future. Very lovely ladies.

Good for you Scott. I however have two very lovely, sweet daughters who I intend to keep locked up until they are old and grey. NO BOYS!!! It pains me to think that they too may want to have thier photos taken at the beach like this:nono :banned . Maybe someone will re-invent the chastity belt? Some modern permutation between iron-clad underwear and a tazer/shock-collar. I can dream can't I?!:(:

P.S. Great shots though and the YOUNG ladies are quite pretty.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid..." -Epictetus :thumb
  • gneufeldgneufeld Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    I was hoping to see a freckled face like #1 in the patches challenge. It would have gotten my vote.
    edited June 14, 2006
    gneufeld wrote:
    I was hoping to see a freckled face like #1 in the patches challenge. It would have gotten my vote.

Their are so many amazingly talented photographers here, I don't dare compete with them!
    I was very impressed that she embraced her freckles at such a young age, usually they are trying to cover them and after many years finally come to accept and celebrate their differences.
    Giselle
    edited June 14, 2006
    jmallen wrote:
    Good for you Scott. I however have two very lovely, sweet daughters who I intend to keep locked up until they are old and grey. NO BOYS!!! It pains me to think that they too may want to have thier photos taken at the beach like this:nono :banned . Maybe someone will re-invent the chastity belt? Some modern permutation between iron-clad underwear and a tazer/shock-collar. I can dream can't I?!:(:

P.S. Great shots though and the YOUNG ladies are quite pretty.
    The 13yr old's mom was there and had no issues with it, I always try to talk my younger models out of swimsuit pics. I wonder if it would have been different if dad was there. Did you notice the belly bling!? My dad would have KILLED me!
    Giselle
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Hi Giselle, I think these shots are great. You mentioned you were at a group photo shoot, would you mind extrapolating on that? Was it a bunch of photographers with a couple models or a shoot you set up with various models, thanks. Like I said you did a great job, I would have been to busy picking my jaw up off the ground to take any pics, but I have a couple critiques for you. I am definietely not a portrait photographer so take this with a grain of salt. I think the first one is the best out of them exposure wise and I like the comp on it, but your horizon is crooked j/k:D. The second shot it looks like the sun is being blocked from overhead, which is good but I think the foreground, inclding the model, is too dark. Maybe a reflector or fill flash would have helped. Also on teh second shot her right leg and thigh look a little blue/purple. The third shot is also a tad to dark in the foreground. I would also have liked to see her looking at you instead of off to the side. I think the angle in this shot works but maybe it is a little to slanted. Have you tried straightening it to her right arm? Well that's all I've got, I hope my perspective helps.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited June 14, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi Giselle, I think these shots are great. You mentioned you were at a group photo shoot, would you mind extrapolating on that?
    A modeling group I belong to that includes photographers and models planned a TFP shoot, there was about 5 photographers and @ a dozen models, we can try different ideas and possibly book a second shoot with some of the models.
    gluwater wrote:
    The second shot it looks like the sun is being blocked from overhead, which is good but I think the foreground, inclding the model, is too dark. Maybe a reflector or fill flash would have helped.
    The sun was a b*tch it was 90 degrees by 8am with a high of 100, I was using something to shade from the sun and I was using a fill flash but didn't go off on some of the shots.
    gluwater wrote:
    I think the angle in this shot works but maybe it is a little to slanted. Have you tried straightening it to her right arm?
    I took this pic while she was posing for another photographer, she was looking at him, her legs where under her so she looked like she didn't have any legs past her knees so I am kind of stuck with the angle. I was trying to stay out of the other photographers way.

Thanks for taking the time to c/c
    Giselle
  • mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    I really like the first shot. Nice clean face. Always like dimples and a great smile. It is well lit and the face is very sharp while the shoulders start to blur (I forget the term for this... someone remind me).

Now all you need is some blue water behind the subjects...
    Oh, right you are shooting on a Texas beach :):.

#3 the face seems a bit soft but maybe that is just the size of the image.

Just my thoughts.
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
    edited June 14, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    I really like the first shot. Nice clean face. Always like dimples and a great smile. It is well lit and the face is very sharp while the shoulders start to blur (I forget the term for this... someone remind me).

Now all you need is some blue water behind the subjects...
    Oh, right you are shooting on a Texas beach :):.

#3 the face seems a bit soft but maybe that is just the size of the image.

Just my thoughts.

I agree, I only like the first, I only posted the other two to give Jeffro a hard time.
    Giselle
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    and this girl is 13!!

Ummmmm did you say !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!eek7.gif

Wow !

Ohhhh and the photos like nice as well, I like the second one.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Great shots and pretty young ladies.... To be picky and help give some suggestions, I think you could really use either a reflector or a fill flash in the first two, there are slight shadows under her eyes, and no catch light, just my two cents.

As always, very nice work clap.gif
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos