• GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    another pic...
    Giselle
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    another pic...

Ok...I'm secure enough to say this(rolleyes1.gif )....these are good too.thumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited June 14, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Ok...I'm secure enough to say this(rolleyes1.gif )....these are good too.thumb.gif

I have to admit it was kind of nice
    Giselle
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    These are both very nice. I can't quite figure out why, but I like the second one a bit better. Maybe it's more introspective/calming? I don't know. On this "work" monitor, the exposure on both look spot-on. And color looks good too!
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Like your other shots from this shoot I think these are very good. I like the lighting on the first but I think the second is a little dark. In the second I'd also like his face and the guitar to be brighter. It looks like you got a lot of wonderful pic from your shoot, keep em coming.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited June 14, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Like your other shots from this shoot I think these are very good. I like the lighting on the first but I think the second is a little dark. In the second I'd also like his face and the guitar to be brighter. It looks like you got a lot of wonderful pic from your shoot, keep em coming.
    I will try lightening him up and show you what I come up with. The sun was impossible! I can't believe no one mentioned he is holding the guitar upside down, I didn't catch it until I got home. Oh well.
    Giselle
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Giselle,
    Um... if you need an assistant the next time you shoot him; I'd be more than happy to drive to... wherever you are, to help. Really nice... pics!

Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    I like both and I'm glad you got so lucky. But I'm not stopping there. I was wondering what the first one would look like with a nice black and white conversion and I was wondering if the second one would look better cropped in some more. Too much sky for me, I guess.
    Good work.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
    edited July 11, 2006
    Bakat wrote:
    Giselle,
    Um... if you need an assistant the next time you shoot him; I'd be more than happy to drive to... wherever you are, to help. Really nice... pics!

Kat
    come on down, I don't mind sharing the view!
    Giselle
    edited July 11, 2006
    I like both and I'm glad you got so lucky. But I'm not stopping there. I was wondering what the first one would look like with a nice black and white conversion and I was wondering if the second one would look better cropped in some more. Too much sky for me, I guess.
    Good work.
    Ashley

I'll give it a try and show you what I come up with.

Thanks all
    Giselle
    edited July 11, 2006
    Good work.
    Ashley

here my try at bw...
    Giselle
    edited July 11, 2006
    here is the other cropped in and lightened, I know I should crop out the seaweed but Im feeling lazy...
    Giselle
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Great pics, Giselle! I think the first pic has this catalogue clothing advertising feel. Infront of my eyes, I can see a pricetag for the jeans and a pricetag for the shirt. This is meant as a compliment, since I think thouse kind of catalogue pictures usually is of high standard. :o)

Good looking model, too! I wish I had a "sixpack" tummy like that! Haha!
    Then I would button up too! mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Matty

Giselle wrote:
    Another model at the group shoot...
    edited July 12, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Good looking model, too! I wish I had a "sixpack" tummy like that! Haha!
    Then I would button up too! mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Matty

As long as we're wishing for a sixpack, you can have his... if I can have hers!:D
    Giselle
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2006
    I like the cropps, they feel more focused on the subject.

You can try cloning out the sea weed but I happen to like it. I don't find them distracting (hmm maybe it's the model). In fact I think they add a "gritty" feel to the pics, like he's not on those perfect pristine So-Cal beaches we have all come to expect, but somewhere more native and rugged.

Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt