I did it! - thank you

Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited June 14, 2006 in Cameras
Just a quick thank you to those who responded to my pleas for help with chosing camera and lenses! I finally did it! Went over budget, and didn't get everything I wanted, but I'm in love:lust x 1000. I feel like i've just had another baby!!!

Although I set out from home thinking I was going to buy a 2nd hand 20D ....

Welcome to the family:

Canon EOS 30D (she's gorgeous!)
Sigma 10-22 f4 (oh my god. a zillion times better than I would have dreamt!)
Canon 70-300 f4-5.6 (pretty good for $)
Canon 50 mm f1.8
Lowepro Mini Trekker

If it sounds like i'm excited, you're right! Remember I have come from the piddly Fuji Finepix s7000 (a p&s in a big boys body- no offence to s7000 owners - very nice camera, but definately not an SLR) so I am just over the moon with the Canon! The ISO settings kick arse (the fuji had 400 and 800 and auto!!! and that was it!!!)

Still need to get the Sigma 500 Speedlight, another 1GB CF, and I want to grab a little 18-55 just because ..... and then theres the 70-300 Lglass IS woopdy woo woo that I will never be able to afford! ......

Thanks to all who helped me make up my mind and gave their views! Specially Gus - thanks for all the info!:thumb

Canon EOS 30D
Sigma 10-20
Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
Canon 18-55
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 430EX

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited June 14, 2006
    Kate,

It sounds fan-dang-tastic, now let's see some images! (Plus you can blame Gus when the bill comes in. WooHoo!:D )

That is some serious equipment and you are right about the ISO, everything to ISO 800 is wonderful, and ISO 1600 is usable with noise reduction. ISO 3200 can work for some images, and I don't find the grain offensive, just obvious. It's all a big advantage over digicams.

Best,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Congrats on the new toys. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif You know you suck..right? :D j/k New gear is always exciting. Enjoy it.
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com