Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/

Comments

• MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    I like this shot alot! Three things catch my interest. Is it safe that close to the tracks? What has he found, a loose screw? The sleepers look like they've bent under the pressure of the trains.

Nice capture and composition.

Malte
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    I like this shot alot! Three things catch my interest. Is it safe that close to the tracks? What has he found, a loose screw? The sleepers look like they've bent under the pressure of the trains.

Nice capture and composition.

Malte

Hi Malte, thanks a lot for your feedback! beer.gif I owe you one!
    Regarding your questions:

1. the guys were at work on a dead rail (sp???). They were just "pushing" and stocking empty vagons around.
    2. don't know what he found, hopefully was not a bomb.
    3. There is no #3 question. Sorry.

BTW, I very like to shot people but I got a very big problem. I discovered that am very shy and that creates lots of issues. Yesterday afternoon I was out for hunting (shots not animals) and found an inspiring group of oldies playing cards+drinkin wine+yellin' at eachother (as usual with oldies playin' cards) in the middle of garden. I was really pushed by'em but after a lot of mumbling I couldn't approach them and shot. I felt so stupid.....
    Oh, maybe next time....

:):

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    I'm basically a shy person. But I find that when I'm empowered by a task (in this case, photography) it helps me to break out of my shell. Somehow, because I have this job to do, I feel bolder than I might otherwise.

I think it's good for the character!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Yeah, me too. Start with people you know, then step up to friends of friends, and so on...

Malte
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Hi Judah wave.gif

I love this shot! Great color and composition. Can I ask what you shot it with? How much editing?

I'm with you on the shyness! I hate to think how many shots I missed out on because I was too shy! :cry As wxwax said, if I'm shooting for a "job" it makes it much easier but if I was to go into the street and just start shooting people...NO WAY! rolleyes1.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    Hi Judah wave.gif

I love this shot! Great color and composition. Can I ask what you shot it with? How much editing?

I'm with you on the shyness! I hate to think how many shots I missed out on because I was too shy! :cry As wxwax said, if I'm shooting for a "job" it makes it much easier but if I was to go into the street and just start shooting people...NO WAY! rolleyes1.gif
    Hi Touch,
    thanks a lot! I bought a Fujifilm S5600 last Saturday (my first camera) and that's what I used. For weeks and weeks I was drooling over DSLR and supermega cameras but I realized that it would have been much savvy to start off with something much smaller and easier to understand. The S5600 has a M mode which (as usual) let you control most of the stuff and that is what I'm using the most. I promised to myself that if within 1 year I'll have reached my Fuji limit I'll step up to a real DSLR. So far I'm enjoyin' every moment with her. As far as this specific photo, there was no real editing. I cropped it in 3:2 because I like this format a lot but the S5600 use 3:2 for average quality only so I have to do this on the computer. I think I warmed up the image a tad bit and that's it. I'm not yet into heavy editing. I like to "get there" as much as possible with the camera. BTW, I have an old PC, not top notch for sure, and I was having a hard time editing with PhotoPaint and Fireworks (the two "pro" software I have). I found Picasa on Google and I'm very impressed with it. It's super fast even with an old machine ilke mine and it has real time controls on most of the stuff. It manages all your photos and the export (even if very limited) format looks very good. So I'm using that for now.

Regarding the shyness I'm not that worried. I hope it will fade away with some practice. I'm fortunate enough to live in a place where people can sometimes look very rude but if you're humble and keep a "low profile" you can get there. Last night I went out with a friend of mine to drink a beer in a supernice small town on teh shore of our lake and I kept regretting all night long not getting my camera with me. We were in a superb pub, super small and cozy with nice people and a beatiful atmosphere. Shame on me.....
    :):

Time to go, must download yesterday afternoon shots.....