Oranges!

germaine_sbagermaine_sba Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited June 16, 2006 in Holy Macro
Due to some family responsibilities, I haven't been able to get out and do any shooting in the "field", but I've been getting my photo "fix" by taking pictures of things around the house. Last weekend it was some oranges!:D

74821805-M.jpg

75333974-M.jpg
Lord, keep my words sweet. Someday, I may have to eat them.
http://www.germaine.smugmug.com

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    #2 is awesome
    Very nice make a good magazine cover

Thanks
    Fred
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Loved them 2nd is fine
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Really nice compositions, both of them. #1 is my favourite -nice colors, sharp and great contrast. thumb.gif
    Personally I would prefer a little deeper dof on shot #2 and lesser noise on the background.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Due to some family responsibilities, I haven't been able to get out and do any shooting in the "field", but I've been getting my photo "fix" by taking pictures of things around the house. Last weekend it was some oranges!:D

Number #1 really stands out, I like number two with the oranges in the basket, but I like how you arranged the oranges in shot number #1 :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    Awesome basket shot but wish the out of focus chains were more in focus.

Good shots. I never would have thought of oranges as a subject. #1 is so colorful against the dark background. thumb.gif
  • germaine_sbagermaine_sba Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Number #1 really stands out, I like number two with the oranges in the basket, but I like how you arranged the oranges in shot number #1 :D
    Skippy (Australia)

That's a sandstone wall -- flat on top. I just put the oranges there, in no particular order. I was actually experimenting with DOF and shot it with a 75-300 lens at 270 mm.

Thanks for looking.

Germaine
    Lord, keep my words sweet. Someday, I may have to eat them.
    http://www.germaine.smugmug.com
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Orange you glad you didn't shoot banana's? :lol4 Sorry!:D

Sometimes when you haven't shot in awhile, you just need to scratch the itch! thumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D