Saving JPEGs for Smugmug viewing not printing

Red BaronRed Baron Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited June 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I want to upload JPEGs to Smugmug for viewing but I don't want people to be able to print or save the images. I know with the Pro version I can add a "proof" watermark and prohibit printing but I don't have the Pro version. I know I can create my own watermark in Photoshop (even reduce its opacity) but I'd prefer to keep the images clean. What JPEG resolution can I use to maximize viewing in Smugmug yet still render the images essentially unprintable?

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Red Baron wrote:
    I want to upload JPEGs to Smugmug for viewing but I don't want people to be able to print or save the images. I know with the Pro version I can add a "proof" watermark and prohibit printing but I don't have the Pro version. I know I can create my own watermark in Photoshop (even reduce its opacity) but I'd prefer to keep the images clean. What JPEG resolution can I use to maximize viewing in Smugmug yet still render the images essentially unprintable?
    Hi Red Baron wave.gif

I'm not really a photoshop wiz by all means, but a fellow smugmug wrote a very detailed instruction on how to create watermarks here.

Cool looking plane that Dr I by the way thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Red BaronRed Baron Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Red Baron wave.gif

I'm not really a photoshop wiz by all means, but a fellow smugmug wrote a very detailed instruction on how to create watermarks here.

Cool looking plane that Dr I by the way thumb.gif

Cheers,

Thanks Ivar. I've printed the PDF and I'll give it a go. Yes, I agree, the Dr I was a cool looking plane - my favourite, in fact. I'm surprised you actually know the name since so few do these days - then again it was created by a Dutchman 1drink.gif