chal 67 this????? fit???

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 16, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
75381135-L.jpg

I took it Monday. I can find the green part int he dictionary, but I can't find a definition of lamina with flower petals???

If it fits, does anyone like it, or should I go back to waiting for my camera to get back. Bill is using his camera this week. Mine went to repair (again) today! 7 business days, but Bill will be avail w his camera Sun and Mon I would think.

I like this shot, but I don't usually do flowers. When I do, I like to do them low???? With the light shining thru. Was a bright overcast afternoon, so bright white sky, not too much translusence (sp).

????

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• jamismjamism Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    a flower is a flower
    Ginger, to me a flower is a flower. although this a great shot of one i personaly think you should go out and look for something original. i think your chances of winning would be grater that way aswell. good luck.thumb.gif
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Its very beautiful Ginger....as are ALL your photos clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    it is a nice flower shot, but i agree with the 1st poster. though what the heck do i know, so far i just shot the 2 ears of corn left over in the kitchen :D
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Very pretty. I like the color the lighting and the high key bg. And, I think it fits the challenge.

As for how it will do in the challenge... I have no experience there.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Thanks all for responding. I have nothing else to enter................smile! And it is not easy to remove something, so I am just letting it sit there until I get around to telling the moderator to help me take it off.

I agree that it is a very nice flower, one of the nicest I have done in my opinion. But, I don't think it fits lamina that well.........in fact, I still don't know what does fit lamina. It is kind of like "when you see it, you know", and I have seen some.

But how to take this off of the challenge thread? That is the problem!

ginger (I have one idea, just one, and if that doesn't pan out..........well, it just doesn't pan out!)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 16, 2006
    Oh Ginger, Ginger, Ginger

first: you're sitting before the greatest research tool known to man. An answer to your question regarding "lamina" and its relation to botany can be found here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lamina or here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamina

second: this is a beautiful shot. certainly NOT an ordinary flower shot. why allow anyone to sway you negatively? this looks like a Georgia O'Keefe painting.