Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Nikkor 18-70
Tamron 75-300
SB-600

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Hi Lissa, I like your shots. I'm not sure if I like the crop on the first shot or not. I think if you do feel the need to crop it then I wouldn't take so much off the right because the eye is too far to the side IMO. That collage is really cute.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 15, 2006
    A very cute baby Lissa iloveyou.gif I liked most of the poses/crops thumb.gif

Please accept the following with a grain of salt, and in the spirit it was offered :D First, I don't do people shots well. Second, I don't do many B&Ws.

#1 Like the pose, but the image looks too soft, IMO. Very little eye detail (same issue in all the face shots) and one eye is in focus and the nearer one isn't. A fill may have helped some. But that bonnet may have cast an even darker shadow ne_nau.gif

#2 Looks better. It even looks sharper. Same eye issue.

#3 Love it clap.gifclap.gif

#4 The face looks a little dark and the bonnet is blown out badly. IMO, almost to the point of distraction.

I apologize if I my comments were too blunt. But if you can't depend on your friends to let you know what they honestly think, who can you count on?

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    I really like #2. I like the crop and it's very sharp with nice skin tones.
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    I definitely like the crop. I feel that if you take the advice of the the first reply, then you're going to have that large amount of white bonnet right there on the side of the picture. I think the crop lends itself to more details and true study of the subject. GREAT picture!
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    I really appreciate your comments. Good or bad. Without seeing both the good and the bad, how do we ever know what we need to work on. I always appreciate honest comments, then I know what you truly think. My favorite is #3, it's something about the angle and the look in her eyes.

Thank-u so much for your thoughts. It helps me see things differently or the same, but gives me different perspectives to work from.

P.S. Thanks for complimenting on how cute she is. I'm pretty bias, since she's my little girl. lol
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300