STPR Rally in Wellsboro PA.

rallymaniacrallymaniac Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited June 28, 2006 in Sports
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share some of my pictures that i took not too long ago at teh STPR Rally in Wellsboro PA. Such great roads there :):
All of the pix from this event can be found here http://rallymaniac.smugmug.com/gallery/1531765

73696673-L.jpg

73696933-L.jpg

73696728-L.jpg

73696626-L.jpg

73696478-L.jpg

73696434-L.jpg

Comments

• THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Awesome! Great job! thumb.gif

Very creative on #2.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Absolutely brilliant! Beautiful saturation and depth in your shadows, and I love the mud stopped dead in the air!

Now I'm inspired to go stand out in the nevada desert for hours on end to get some shots of the USRC race there!

How is it, shooting rally races? Fun? Tedious? Stressful about missing your shot, seeing as you only get on chance per car per stage?
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • rallymaniacrallymaniac Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    thanx for the kind words guys,
    i love this sport and i love take picures since it the only way for me to "participate" in it and be something more than a spectator.
    It's definitely fun, you need a bit more experience with it but looking at other's work gives you plenty of ideas and then it's just a practice.
    Sometimes it's frustrating when you really want this particular car (friend, idol, etc.) to come out awesome but it turns out that your shutter was too slow, or it was too much light or the sun reflected in the paint or the windshield causing the spot to burn out.
    But when you take that good or very good picture it's very satisfying.
    My equipment is lacking a bit with the cheap-o lenses that i have but most of hte time you can make good use of it if you know what you're doing and in case there is a rock flying into you lense or bunch of dust residual, you won't cry like you would if it was some $1000 L series :):
    One thing i have to tell you is that light becomes challenging most of the time since most of the good places for action are hidden in the trees and what's in direct and good light is most of the time boring.
    So on this rally i used anywhere from ISO 200 to 1600 just on one turn.
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    I can realy Feel The Shots
    And know what was put into them. Wish there was events like this locally, I would be there. thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • xr4cm1xr4cm1 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    AWESOME shots!!!
  • scoobscoob Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    all of these are really nice...number 2 is my favorite!!
    -Michael
    Camera - my little olympus point and shoot