moving an existing category to a sharegroup ?

KhalidKhalid Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited June 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi, I have over a hundred galleries under my 'Family' main category which then has subcategories, one per year. My end goal is to have the whole 'Family' category be invisible on the top level. I know I can do that if I make ALL the 100 plus galleries private, which I dont want to do. Is it possible to move the whole 'Family' category under a sharegroup so that it wouldn't show up on the top level. Then once someone, who I've given the URL to, goes under that sharegroup, they should be able to browse that 'Family' category freely. Is this doable ?
Second question, if I customize each of the 100 plus galleries with a few, say 4 themes, each of which have the same password, then if I change the password to something else in those 4 themes, would it be changed for all the 100 plus galleries ?

Thanks,
-Khalid

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Khalid wrote:
    Thanks,
    -Khalid
    Hi Khalid,

Themes do not have passwords. Galleries have passwords, and themes associated with Galleries.

You can create a new sharegroup "MyFamilyShareGroup" and put all those galleries in it, yes.

Does this help?
  • KhalidKhalid Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Khalid,

Themes do not have passwords. Galleries have passwords, and themes associated with Galleries.

You can create a new sharegroup "MyFamilyShareGroup" and put all those galleries in it, yes.

Does this help?

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I guess I meant the "quick settings' and not themes which can have passwords. This is in the customize section of the gallery. Also, I dont want to just move individual galleries to the sharegroup, but also retain the hierarchical category/subcategory structure under the sharegroup ... is that possible ?

Regards,
    -Khalid
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Khalid wrote:
    Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I guess I meant the "quick settings' and not themes which can have passwords. This is in the customize section of the gallery. Also, I dont want to just move individual galleries to the sharegroup, but also retain the hierarchical category/subcategory structure under the sharegroup ... is that possible ?

Regards,
    -Khalid
    I'm going to say no. Sharegroups hold galleries, not categories.
  • KhalidKhalid Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I'm going to say no. Sharegroups hold galleries, not categories.

Okay, thanks.
    -Khalid