Options

So, nobody seemed to like my sunspot lesson, but you might like what happened next!!

52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited November 9, 2004 in Holy Macro
Nobody seemed to like the previous science lesson on sunspots, but do you know what they produce? Sunspots last Thursday

See below for the examples. The sunspots had some big solar flares above them which produced a few large coronal mass ejections which made it here tonight!
Any pointers on how to bring out the colors would be appreciated!

11014767-M.jpg
11014768-M.jpg
11014774-M.jpg
11014775-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2004
    Hey, don't assume! I was interested in the sunspots, I just didn't have time to post a reply. These shots are cool, I was driving across CT tonight and saw the cool red glow of my first Aurora, man it was cool! Even my wife was into it! Thanks for the shots! thumb.gif
  • Options
    52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2004
    I know. I'm just kidding!
    I got a lot more around midnight I'll get posted sometime today when work slows down. They got stronger and better looking later last night.
    I took the dogs out about 10:00 and decided to find a darker area for the rest of the shots. Took a bit of driving, but I think it was worth it.
    More later!
    Eric
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2004
    52Caddy wrote:
    Nobody seemed to like the previous science lesson on sunspots, but do you know what they produce? Sunspots last Thursday

See below for the examples. The sunspots had some big solar flares above them which produced a few large coronal mass ejections which made it here tonight!
    Any pointers on how to bring out the colors would be appreciated!

11014774-S.jpg
    How about:
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2004
    52Caddy wrote:
    More later!
    Eric
    deal.gif Bring 'em on!
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    Considering the sun is...
    93,000,000 miles away, it always amazes me that the light reaches us. Whats more, it can still keep us warm, burn and send radiation at us. Imagine trying to get a tan on Mercury.

MainFragger