Fast & Fun

raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited June 19, 2006 in Sports
My first post in the Sports forum. These were taken this morning at our local agiity club class where I am a member, instructor, competitor. Shot with my Nikon D50. Any critque appreciated as it was the first time I ever photographed agility with my DSLR. I did have trouble blowing out the white PVC on the jumps, but managed to get some decent shots anyway.

collectiveshoot.jpg

joey.jpg

rosie7.jpg

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    Very good, Raian!

And that is a lucrative market, too!
    I have often said I would not do it, but I am not there, I don't like the Mt Pleasant group,etc.

But the people who own those dogs would love a copy!

Maybe you could give them away for awhile until they are begging you and expecting photos. I know nothing about marketing.........I do know these people are your friends, and I think that makes things difficult.

Those are very good photos, though!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Maybe you could give them away for awhile .....

Hi Ginger, yes marketing is complicated. Two difficulties giving away the dog shots are that once people expect them free it is difficult to then start charging: the other is that it devalues the work of anyone selling their shots. It is a small mine-field to work around.
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    raian wrote:
    .... where I am a member, instructor, competitor. ...

These are fine shots. Not easy to combine the above with photography, I find it too difficult to handle a dog (or3) and a camera. Using a tripod is a big plus for sharper results, but not with dog-leads around it. The action in No.2 is great but the busy background is a distraction. Glad the D50 is going so well (for your bird shots also).
  • raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    I have no desire to shoot agility for money. I'm too busy running my dogs at trials. I just like to take pictures for my enjoyment. As it stands, it will probably be my mom who will take pictures of me... with the camera set on automatic and a tripod and a chair for her :D She is my ringside coach.
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    Love the shots. The captures have great timing. do you know of a event in the Houston area or a link. I like action shots and this is actoin and sports.thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Checked the Houston area for shows. There is an agility event coming up July 21, 22, 23 at this location:

Reliant Center
    Astro Hall
    1 Reliant Center Dr
    Houston, TX

This show is put on by the Houston Kennel Club.

Have fun :)