Gulf Coast Balloon Festival 2006

deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited June 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
There are others who have posted much better balloon fest pix, but I thought I would share a few I took yesterday and this morning. Going back tonight to hopefully watch a simultaneous liftoff...

76006937-S.jpg

76006954-S.jpg

76007270-S.jpg

76007293-S.jpg

76007316-S.jpg

These are all right out of the camera without any correction except the one with the little boy in front of the balloon (#2).. I cropped that one to lose some of the foreground. I'll work with the RAW files soon and see what else I end up with.

TFL

Denise
Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    Nice
    We only saw hot air balloons one time at the Reno Balloon Race. We had to get up extra early in the morning but found a spot up on a slight bluff to watch them. It was really nice and we enjoyed it.

I was sorry though, that we didn't have the time or opportunity to be up close to them like you were in your photos.

I think you got some very nice shots.
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    Looks really good , would like to see larger versions though.
    Well done! thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    These are Great loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    Nice series Denise. #3 thumb.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    I like the color in this series. #4 is my fav.thumb.gif
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    deeya wrote:
    There are others who have posted much better balloon fest pix, but I thought I would share a few I took yesterday and this morning. Going back tonight to hopefully watch a simultaneous liftoff...
    These are all right out of the camera without any correction except the one with the little boy in front of the balloon (#2).. I cropped that one to lose some of the foreground. I'll work with the RAW files soon and see what else I end up with.

TFL
    Denise

Hi there Denise........... What a nice series you've posted there clap.gif
    First time I ever saw a hot air balloon right up close I couldnt believe the size of the thing....... they come in such a wonderful variety of colours and shapes, and they fly so gracefully in the breeze.

I have been fortunate enough to even go up in one that was such an amazing experience....thanks for sharing....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin