To automate in PS 7.0

Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
edited June 19, 2006 in Finishing School
I have Photo Shop 7.0 that doesn’t support scripts like some other PS versions. Still I like to automate a couple of features. Let me explain the workflow I like to automate:

After cropping the image for better composition and a fixed size (1280 x 999), I do the following:

1. Resize canvas, background = black, add 25 pixels to bottom of image. Final size will de 1280 x 1024.

2. Use the text-tool to create a text-box in the part of canvas that’s sticking out.

3. Paste in the textbox a pre-defined text with some EXIF information with is modified according to the real image EXIF.

4. Merge layers (Ctrl-E) and add signature with the stamp tool.

The above 4 steps I like to automate in PS 7.0.

Is this possible, any suggestions?

Dick.

Here a sample picture of the result of the above steps:

[Click image to enlarge to 1280 x 1024]

75727775-M.jpg
"Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
Website.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    You should be able to turn all your work flow into an action.....not my forte......but PS cafe and other PS sites as well as people here might be able to guide you on this mission.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    You should be able to turn all your work flow into an action.....not my forte......but PS cafe and other PS sites as well as people here might be able to guide you on this mission.

Thanks Art.

I guess I have to look on a more specialized PS-forum to get the answer I'm looking for.

Dick.
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    There should be someone here that can "guide" you thru the making of an action for the above process.....Surely there is.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    I make actions all the time and if I can do it, anybody can, literally. If you go to www.atncentral.com they have all the info you need.
  • Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Many thanks Art & E.B.
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.