A new guy's first tries.. :)

76233818-L.jpg

76263553-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    smalltownamysmalltownamy Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    whoa!
    What am I looking at here?! I'm so intrigued I can't even think about the technical stuff.
  • Options
    SilikSilik Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    What am I looking at here?! I'm so intrigued I can't even think about the technical stuff.

I think it's some sort of fungus that was growing on a tree, but I'm not really sure. It was on the outside of the bark, with a thin papery substance flaking off. Still trying to figure out what it actually was.
  • Options
    smalltownamysmalltownamy Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    Silik wrote:
    I think it's some sort of fungus that was growing on a tree, but I'm not really sure. It was on the outside of the bark, with a thin papery substance flaking off. Still trying to figure out what it actually was.

Cool! As I look at the photos again, I think I like the top one best. Did you get any closer shots? Not sure that closer would necessarily mean better - just still really curious about this fungus.

Best of luck,
    Amy
  • Options
    LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    A neat subject! Very interesting.

I like the second composition better, but I suggest a crop on the top.

Good eye!thumb.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    Wow. That's really intriguing! I would do an internet search re: tree fungus as you are probably right. Having the proper identification will help your entry. Do you know the name of the tree, it might help? I haven't decided which shot I like...I like the first one, but then again, the 2nd show more directly that it is attached to a tree branch. Second shot could use some lightening to bring out the detail in the "fungus".
  • Options
    SilikSilik Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    I've spent way too much time trying to figure out what this actually is. I would have asked the park ranger, even, but by the time I'd hiked all the way back down the mountain, they were closed.

I think I like the first picture better, but it's really hard to tell what's going on.