Options

67: a beginner goes for the floral theme

smalltownamysmalltownamy Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited June 20, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I tried to do something a little different with it, but still... Lamina that's been done already?

Lily Lamina I
76280982-S.jpg
Lily Lamina II
76280450-S.jpg
Leaf Lamina with Guest
76280654-S.jpg
I'll keep looking for non-floral inspiration, but in the meantime, what do you think?

Thanks!
Amy

Comments

• Options
    SilikSilik Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    I like the crisper front edge of lily I than the crips back edge of lily II.

But that guest's awfully cute. :)
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2006
    Silik wrote:
    I like the crisper front edge of lily I than the crips back edge of lily II.

But that guest's awfully cute. :)

That's exactly how I think about these three.
  • Options
    purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2006
    Oh, the flower is SO beauitful. I'm a sucker for that perfect, beautiful picture... I'm having trouble deciding between one and two though... I like one a lot... but do you have it in a larger size?

Also, how did you get such wonderful lighting? What time of day did you take this? I'm assuming that beautiful background is the sky, even though with this angle it doesn't seem to be pointed up. Do tell, I'm very interested. :)
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2006
    purified wrote:
    Oh, the flower is SO beauitful. I'm a sucker for that perfect, beautiful picture... I'm having trouble deciding between one and two though... I like one a lot... but do you have it in a larger size?
    Hi, Kelly!

First: Wow! Thanks! "Perfect" and "beautiful" - that means a lot after seeing your Pages piece.

I do have a bigger one - does this help?
    76280982-L.jpg
    purified wrote:
    Also, how did you get such wonderful lighting? What time of day did you take this? I'm assuming that beautiful background is the sky, even though with this angle it doesn't seem to be pointed up. Do tell, I'm very interested. :)
    I took this at the Farmers Market at 10:30am and that's the sky. I have a "portrait studio" at the Market - when I'm not busy, I photograph veggies, friends, flowers, whatever I find. I bought these flowers and sat them on my table. Mid-morning I noticed that the light on my table and started moving the bouquet around. I had lamina on the brain so I tried to get an angle that emphasized the petal in light (no pun intended) of the challenge.

Thanks again, Kelly!
    Amy
  • Options
    almostlightheartedalmostlighthearted Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    wow, i love the 1st! ..its the softness of the white against the blue thumb.gif
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    It's a good first entry...nice soft whites and blue background.

Cheers,

Erich