'06 Freedom Ride

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited June 19, 2006 in People
I know there are some Motorcycle enthusiasts here so I thought I should post these. I was on my way to Matthiessen State Park when we got overtaken by a huge group of motorcycles. There were people standing on overpasses waving and holding flags but at the time I had no idea what was going on. I found out later that it was the fourth annual Middle East Conflicts Memorial Wall rededication. The day starts out with a ride to the rededication, they estimated that over 15,000 bikes made the ride this year. At the dedication 906 names were read by family members of the fallen in the Middle East from May 1st 2005 to May 1st 2006. For more info click here. This is the only memorial of its kind in the US for those KIA in the Middle East.

Like I said I was on the highway driving along when the traffic stopped. We sat there for a couple minutes while the bikes drove by and I realized we weren't going to be moving for a while. So I got out of the car, stood in the middle of the highway and took some pictures of the passing bikers. Afterwards I realized I should have used fill flash and gotten lower to get a better perspective, but it is what it is. Here are a couple shots, the small gallery is here if you'd like to take a look.

76329801-L.jpg

76330537-L.jpg

76330171-L.jpg

Told you I was standing in the middle of the highway
76330363-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto