Shots from Soccer this weekend...

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited June 22, 2006 in Sports
Got to shoot the Brigade Premier Invitational Championship and the Bakersfield Brigade vs. US National U17 game. Time on the field went from full sun to night under the lights - talk about difficult! Here are some of my favorites! Feel free to C&C - Thanks!

76298130-M-1.jpg

76336349-M-1.jpg

76303345-M-1.jpg

76323095-M-1.jpg

76323630-M-1.jpg

76316450-M-1.jpg

76337531-M-1.jpg

All the images can be found here:
http://the-touch.smugmug.com/gallery/1575009
http://the-touch.smugmug.com/gallery/1576739

Thanks for viewing!:D
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    No critiques or comments?ne_nau.gif

:D
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Shots are awesome.
    I would try to make in camera adjustments to make the images brighter. You should be able to boost the EV value in camera to eliminate the dark shadows and help keep the faces clearer and brighter.
    On my Nikons I usually set the EV compensation anywhere from 0.7 to 2.0 depending on the sun in an effort to keep the images bright without blowing out the highlights, that way you can still add enough saturation to make them pop.
    I have lots of football and soccer on my smugmug site that were all shot with boosted EV compensation if you want to see what I am talking about.
    Hope this helps a little.
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Nice Shotsthumb.gif . I can see how you were fighting the shadows. Great job.
    xtnomad :wink
    edited June 20, 2006
    JoeL wrote:
    Shots are awesome.
    I would try to make in camera adjustments to make the images brighter. You should be able to boost the EV value in camera to eliminate the dark shadows and help keep the faces clearer and brighter.
    On my Nikons I usually set the EV compensation anywhere from 0.7 to 2.0 depending on the sun in an effort to keep the images bright without blowing out the highlights, that way you can still add enough saturation to make them pop.
    I have lots of football and soccer on my smugmug site that were all shot with boosted EV compensation if you want to see what I am talking about.
    Hope this helps a little.

Joe - Thanks for the comment and the tip!thumb.gif I'll give that a shot next weekend.

Awesome stuff in your gallery!

- Kevin
    edited June 20, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    Nice Shotsthumb.gif . I can see how you were fighting the shadows. Great job.

Thanks xtnomad! :D

There's a huge gymnasium on the west side of the field that the sun sets behind, casting a HUGE shadow on the field! I get about 20 minutes with 1/2 of the field in the sun!

- Kevin
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    holding foul in the 1st one - did the ref call it? :D

Very nice action from what looks like some intense play.

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited June 22, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    holding foul in the 1st one - did the ref call it? :D

Very nice action from what looks like some intense play.

cheers,

C.

HAHA! Believe it or not, HE DIDN'T CALL IT! You should have seen the coach! :pissed :splat

The team in the white is actually the US National U17 team. They were having a "friendly" scrimmage with our USL PDL team. I'm glad to see that FIFA is cracking down because these kids are just as rough as the pros!

I actually got a series of the foul - I would post them but they're all protected and I don't really want to copy them to a new gallery.thumb.gif I should email them to the REF!

Here's the page:
    http://the-touch.smugmug.com/gallery/1575009/1/76336095

- Kevin