Bunch of Images are Gone

JoseJose Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited June 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

My first post here and I hate for it to be about a malfunction. A bunch of my images are gone. They seem to be the older ones. I haven't touched anything.

http://jsuro.smugmug.com/

Best,

Jose
Jose Suro
JAS Phoyography
www.josesuro.com

Comments

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    I just noticed the same thing on my site. My custom header is missing, many of the gallery thumbnails are missing, and many of the thumbnails within galleries are missing.

In their place are error messages indicating "Photo Not Found".

I too have changed nothing.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    They are not gone, we assure you. We're sorry you are seeing this message. Our engineers are working on it right now, and we hope to have things back to normal really fast. Don't worry, your photos are safe, and we apologize for this inconvenience. Thanks in advance for your patience.
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Again!!!!!! :bash.... so slow to load now!!!!! >:
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • ScalaScala Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Thanks, Andy, for letting us know.

The "photo not found" placeholder image is a bit on the ugly side (total crap). I guess you missed it recently when you did a facelift on most of the graphics... :):
    My smugmug site: www.majakorpi.net
  • JoseJose Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    They are not gone, we assure you. We're sorry you are seeing this message. Our engineers are working on it right now, and we hope to have things back to normal really fast. Don't worry, your photos are safe, and we apologize for this inconvenience. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Thanks Andy, No big deal if you still have them :).

Jose
    Jose Suro
    JAS Phoyography
    www.josesuro.com
  • WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    We had a switch die today that managed to take down a few racks of storage. It is our practice not to aggregate so much on one switch, but frankly we missed this one, and it looks like we had some partial outages for various photos on the site for about 30 minutes while we replaced the failed hardware (and rebalanced our infrastructure).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 19, 2006
    Scala wrote:
    Thanks, Andy, for letting us know.

The "photo not found" placeholder image is a bit on the ugly side (total crap). I guess you missed it recently when you did a facelift on most of the graphics... :):
    it wasn't missed, it must have just not gotten uploaded. i'll harass the appropriate party....or andy.

72791766-O.jpg
    Pedal faster
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    it wasn't missed, it must have just not gotten uploaded. i'll harass the appropriate party....or andy.

72791766-O.jpg
    Not me, look elsewhere! I did my part lol3.gif

And, I LOVE the image BTW.
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Wireless wrote:
    We had a switch die today that managed to take down a few racks of storage. It is our practice not to aggregate so much on one switch, but frankly we missed this one, and it looks like we had some partial outages for various photos on the site for about 30 minutes while we replaced the failed hardware (and rebalanced our infrastructure).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It actually was very little inconvenience. The track record that you guys have in being aware of, and immediately addressing, such issues is truly outstanding.

Thanks.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    You guys are so fast to fix problems thanks alot smugmug
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro