Video Uploads Not Working

bobbykbobbyk Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited June 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am new tow Smugmug. But I have been successful and loading a bunch of photos.

I am a Mac user and and found changing the normal avi files that come from my canon S3 to mpeg 1 really tedious. All of the suggestions in the help area take a while to do and I could not get them to work.

I finally found a forum where they recommended iVCD. Its a no-brainer and works like a champ.

But......

I cannot upload the mpeg-1 file? Its about 10MB. I use the standard upload. It looks like none of the others work for videos. The upload status window just keeps blinking forever.

I ran one experiment where I cut the video down to a few seconds (1MB) and it did load in about a minute.

So what is up?

Is anyone with a mac being successful with this?

What browser and what upload process are you useing.

Thanks,

Bob Keenan:dunno

Comments

• BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 19, 2006
    bobbyk wrote:
    I cannot upload the mpeg-1 file? Its about 10MB. I use the standard upload. It looks like none of the others work for videos. The upload status window just keeps blinking forever.

I ran one experiment where I cut the video down to a few seconds (1MB) and it did load in about a minute.

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, the current video file size limit is 8mb. So if you can bring them below 8mb, it should work fine.

Thanks for the heads up on iVCD, I will have to check it out and get our help section updated.

-Ben
    Smug since 2003
  • peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up on iVCD, I will have to check it out and get our help section updated.
    Uh, hello?? I have just been preaching about iVCD for the last 7 months & how god awful ffmpegX is for converting mpeg1. See.