Am I Jinxed?

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited June 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Two months ago I discovered another SmugMug site had stolen my site header (reported here) and was using it on his site!

We got that sorted out, but now I find this SmugMug site has a link in its footer titled 'All Rights Reserved' which points directly to my copyright statement on my site here! What's particularly disturbing about this new incident is that the statement which has been purloined describes very clearly that all the content on my site belongs to me! I don't understand why anyone would want to pass off the content of others as being their own, but how brazen can anyone be?

I've written to the offender and asked that the link be removed, and I hope that will be the end of the matter - until next time!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Two months ago I discovered another SmugMug site had stolen my site header (reported here) and was using it on his site!

We got that sorted out, but now I find this SmugMug site has a link in its footer titled 'All Rights Reserved' which points directly to my copyright statement on my site here! What's particularly disturbing about this new incident is that the statement which has been purloined describes very clearly that all the content on my site belongs to me! I don't understand why anyone would want to pass off the content of others as being their own, but how brazen can anyone be?

I've written to the offender and asked that the link be removed, and I hope that will be the end of the matter - until next time!
    Very sensiteive to the situation here, Ross but am I missing it? Or did the other party fix it already?
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    ... did the other party fix it already?
    All's well now, Andy!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    All's well now, Andy!
    thumb.gif