Little League Baseball--56K Warning--multiple shots

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited June 23, 2006 in Sports
I spent the spring shooting LL Baseball. Here is a sample of some of my favorites.......Thanks for looking. John

1. Sliding into third(a)
74859570-M.jpg

2. Sliding into third(b)
74859341-M.jpg

3.Sliding into second
75035947-M.jpg

4.At bat......
75035234-M.jpg
74859559-M.jpg
75038948-M.jpg

5. Pitchers.....
67352864-M.jpg
73659566-M.jpg
73678669-M.jpg
6. Fielding.......
69567182-M.jpg
73677743-M.jpg
69567154-M.jpg

Comments

• THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Great Shots!thumb.gifclap.gif

Those kids look SO SERIOUS!
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Hi John,

great shots - looks like you had a good season. I really like the kid sliding into 2ndthumb.gif What pointers can you pass on to those of us looking to do similar types of shots? Where were you standing - I don't see any suggestion of fence blur? What lens(es) where you using? What's your secret for catching the fielding shots?

tx,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    Great Shots!thumb.gifclap.gif

Those kids look SO SERIOUS!

Thanks Kevin. Most of these shots are of the older kids and thet do play very serious........The younger ones tend to be a little more lackadaisical and play in the dirt types.
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Hi John,

great shots - looks like you had a good season. I really like the kid sliding into 2ndthumb.gif What pointers can you pass on to those of us looking to do similar types of shots? Where were you standing - I don't see any suggestion of fence blur? What lens(es) where you using? What's your secret for catching the fielding shots?

tx,

C.

Thanks Colleen. To answer your questions, I am shooting from inside the fence. I use two cams when I am shooting these. A Canon 20D with a 400mm f2.8L and a Canon Rebel XT with a 70-200mm f2.8L. I shoot down the baselines getting closer in or farther out depending on what I am trying to shoot at that moment. My biggest tip is to make use of the between inning warm-up time of the fielders and pitchers. During this time I am usually in between home plate and first base shooting across the diamond. For pitchers I position myself just behind and to the left side of the catcher for right handed pitchers and to right of the catcher for left handed pitchers. Watch you backgrounds carefully when doing this so you don't end up with other warming up players ar stray ball in your shot. With a nice clean BG noone will know that it is a warm-up shot and not in game action. Just be ready to scram when the umpire calls for batter up. Thanks

John
  • BrycerBrycer Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Wow, very nice. I will see if I can use some of your sugestions at our last game on Saturday.