67: cold lamina (instead of the florals)

smalltownamysmalltownamy Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited June 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This isn't much of an advertisement for the fun to be had in Indianapolis. I was stuck in a hotel last night without much to do. An idea struck me for "lamina" - thank goodness I brought the camera! What do you think? Better than the lilies?

I
76693950-M.jpg
II
76695231-M.jpg
III
76695834-M.jpg
Thanks!

Comments

• twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Always a good idea to have the camera with you!

I liked your lilly shots.
    Of these #3 is the cleanest shot .
  • wizard444wizard444 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    I don't read lamina in any of these shots, however they are quite impressive. The third shot is amazingly crisp and my favorite of the series.thumb.gif
    "Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."

Henri Cartier Bresson
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    I'm with Wiz - 3 is the best.
    wizard444 wrote:
    I don't read lamina in any of these shots, however they are quite impressive. The third shot is amazingly crisp and my favorite of the series.thumb.gif
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    I agree that number three is awesome. I can see this as lamina, if not for the stacked ice cubes, then for the layers inside the ice.

Malte
  • smalltownamysmalltownamy Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback. Three is my favorite, especially for this theme.

Now... Just need to decide between it and the lily for submission...

Are you all jaded or is this still fun? I'm really enjoying Photo Challenges. :love
  • wizard444wizard444 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    I haven't been here long enough to be jaded.:D

Each challenge I've participated in has been enjoyable.

I've struggled to expand my definition knowledge on this one. My understanding of lamina seems to be a bit narrow.ne_nau.gif

I'm still waiting for a current challenge entry of a chicken with her eggs.rolleyes1.gif

late edit: Webster's gives chicken as a definition of layer.
    "Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."

Henri Cartier Bresson
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback. Three is my favorite, especially for this theme.

Now... Just need to decide between it and the lily for submission...

Are you all jaded or is this still fun? I'm really enjoying Photo Challenges. :love

I like the colours on 2, but love the melt effect on 3. Very good idea. Looks almost molten/metallic
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    #3 is a really good picture, well done thumb.gif
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    wizard444 wrote:
    I haven't been here long enough to be jaded.:D

Each challenge I've participated in has been enjoyable.

I've struggled to expand my definition knowledge on this one. My understanding of lamina seems to be a bit narrow.ne_nau.gif

I'm still waiting for a current challenge entry of a chicken with her eggs.rolleyes1.gif

late edit: Webster's gives chicken as a definition of layer.

It's "Lamina" not layers! Layers sit on top of each, chickens lay eggs. Lamina protects things,
    like egg shells...speaking of which, I'm likely walking on them with this post (umph.gif ) but, just needed to clarify...ne_nau.gif
  • smalltownamysmalltownamy Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    ooohhhhh....
    MarkSB wrote:
    It's "Lamina" not layers! Layers sit on top of each, chickens lay eggs. Lamina protects things,
    like egg shells...speaking of which, I'm likely walking on them with this post (umph.gif ) but, just needed to clarify...ne_nau.gif
    I probably blew this one, then! I decided on this late find:
    77867121-M.jpg
    I guess I was thinking layers here, too: The log with this covering of moss, the moldy stuff on the leaf, the leaf itself... Nothing really "protective."